Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help with a Willys?

Article about: Thanks for the info and advice guys! Here's what I know about the jeep after geeting a bit more info. From what I understand, the Jeep is a '41 build Willys and was converted to 12 volts. It

?

Default Re: Help with a Willys?

Thanks for the info and advice guys!

Here's what I know about the jeep after geeting a bit more info. From what I understand, the Jeep is a '41 build Willys and was converted to 12 volts. It has not been restored other than a coat of paint, a repair to a leaking fuel tank, a new battery, fuel pump, points, plugs and condenser. It's been garaged for the past 10 years with very limited use. To my knowledge it is in running condition and was not modified for street use. Based on the work done to get it ready to sell, the owner is asking a minumum of $4000. Jen has turned over the sale to Mike Ryan (818) 404-8230, who has posession of the jeep and has been doing the work on it. He can answer any questions you might have and will facilitate the sale if you or anyone you know are interested.

Mark

Hi Mark, it is not 1941 in date that is certain. But it is a wartime Jeep no question.

It would appear to be a Ford GPW. (I own a 1942 Ford GPW) The front chassis cross member, located just under the radiator grill appears to be a girder cross section. This is a Ford only production trait. The Willy MB features a tubular cross member. The foot pedals are Ford, but this means nothing, as already pointed out, all parts are totally interchangable between the MB and the GPW.

The price is great compared with the UK. It would sell in seconds at that price here.

Cheers, Ade.

Mark, Thanks for the info and from the (818) area code, the jeep is in fact pretty close to me. I'll copy this info down and put the word out, might even go take a look at it myself upon return from vacation.......will look good parked next to my Harly

What a coincidence, the jeep my father had was also a 1941 Ford, big differance is his did not show it's army colors but instead was painted bright yellow and had a white soft top fitted to it, but other than that it was 100% original. I put many many miles on that old jeep. It was also still 6V and one of the biggest fears we had, when out hunting, was that it would not start, so we made it a habbit to always park on a slight incline so that we could bump it.....she started real easy that way. To my knowlage, the jeep is still in town, where my dad sold it to a local yocal.

?

I exchanged notes with the owner. As far as the description, is going by what is listed on the title. She indicated that the jeep was originally purchased by her uncle who used it around his orchards. It was eventually titled in 1955 and the title says it's a Willys. Her father then bought it from his brother.

By the way, I had 7 people who contacted me yesterday indicating interest - and others who might be. I don't think this one will sit too long waiting for a buyer.

For you to have an idea of the price, they are sold around here.
    This one is on sale for 20000 euros.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with a Willys?   Help with a Willys?  

?

SOLD! A guy I know from the U.S. Militaria forum is finalizing the deal with the owner. The jeep had quite a bit of interest. I can't wait to see it once it's restored.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2