Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Jeep for investment

Article about: Hi Folks i am seriously thinking of buying a Jeep one for a bit of fun and enjoyment two has an investment, i am UK based has anyone done anything similar, i dont mind a bit of graft and fat

Default Jeep for investment

Hi Folks i am seriously thinking of buying a Jeep one for a bit of fun and enjoyment two has an investment, i am UK based has anyone done anything similar, i dont mind a bit of graft and father in law is a mechanic so i am in good hands there, i have seen finished projects going for around £15 to 22k and others that need a lot of work for around 6/7k, any advice welcome.
    Steve.

?

As a jeep owner myself Steve they are a very easy vehicle to work on and will always keep a smile on your face, in regards to prices they are going to vary hugely based on how much of the jeep is original as its now possible to build an entire jeep from scratch, so do a lot of homework before you buy. I would suggest joining a forum like Historical military vehicle forum as the wealth of knowledge is staggering on all things military vehicles. If you need any assistance Ill be only to glad to help.
    Thomas

Thanks bud it is something i have wanted for some time and i understand a good example will have a better interest rate than the bank.

If you are looking for a wartime example they command a high premium now. There are lots of post war French produced ones about as well, even these sell for large amounts.Good luck!

?

a good place to start the trawl for a good one would be milweb.net link below for the jeeps page:
    Military Jeeps - Willys, Ford and Hotchkiss For Sale – MILWEB Classifieds
    As blackcat pointed out the post-war jeeps (primarily the French built Hotchkiss) are raising in value I think due to the ability to turn them in a wartime looker without to much effort good luck on your hunt

Well guys many hours of learning reading and listening, many Jeeps viewed and i have finally found my project, a March 1945 Willys, quite a bit of work which i am sure will bring pain and pleasure, Imported from Iowa last year and pretty much untouched since its arrival, Willys tub and Engine,
    4 MARCH 1945 WILLYS MB .ENGINE RUNS NICELY AND IS PROBABLY THE FACTORY ENGINE FOR THIS JEEP. QUITE AN ORIGINAL JEEP WITH CORRECT AXLES,T84 TRANSMISSION, 2 COMBAT RIMS AND ORIGINAL DATA PLATES.
    THERE IS SOME RUST IN THE USUAL PLACES AND THE FRONT FRAME HAS BEEN STRENGTHENED BUT THAT SHOULD GRIND OFF OK .
    Jeep for investment
    Jeep for investment
    Jeep for investment
    Jeep for investment
    Jeep for investment
    Jeep for investment
    Jeep for investment
    Jeep for investment
    Jeep for investment
    Jeep for investment

Wow that is a good example to start. Imported from the state south of me. There are quite a few military vehicle collectors in the Midwest. I may be able to help find any missing parts as I have two friends that have a few restored WWII vehicles. There is also a local (to me) guy that deals in military parts.
    John

Thanks bud, looking forward to getting stated with it, to be fair hopefully it should not take to long.

Hello,

Forum member Rossi has a Jeep that he built, you might wan't to consider sending him a PM.

Good Luck,

Mart

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Thanks bud, looking forward to getting stated with it, to be fair hopefully it should not take to long.
    Famous last words. Nothing is as easy as it may seem to be.
    John

Rossi would be a great resource also. He is about 40 miles from me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast