Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LP2A Carrier from Australia

Article about: Hi. thought I would share some photos of my Carrier.

?

Default LP2A Carrier from Australia

Hi. thought I would share some photos of my Carrier.LP2A Carrier from AustraliaLP2A Carrier from AustraliaLP2A Carrier from AustraliaLP2A Carrier from AustraliaLP2A Carrier from Australia

What a cool thing to own! Thanks for sharing!

Awesome. I’ve always wanted a carrier, I just don’t have anywhere to put one (or the money, however, I think they’re relatively inexpensive for a WW2 tracked vehicle), although in fairness I’d be happy with the Bren gun tripod mount. Do you have any history of your carrier?
    What is the truck in the background?

?

I am starting to track down any military history for it now, I’ve known the machine from when the restoration started on it. We actually had it in our RAEME workshop for a fair bit of it. One of the best parts of it is that it was restored by Army Mechanics and Fitters. So it is probably pretty rare for a private owned one to have last been overhauled by Army Mechanics etc.
    The truck is a WW2 Dodge D60 semi trailer combo I’m restoring as well. I’ve had it for about 15 years. Finally starting on it.

Lee
    ?

they were such a versatile vehicle. I first heard about them from my old cadet camp commander who related a story of multi task and experience. During ww2 he was the CO and was commanding one going across a bridge when his driver was killed by a sniper. With cross training he was able to remove the driver and drive the vehicle across the bridge and save his troops from the ambush. He would tell the story each year as new cadet staff would come to the cadet camp as part of his leadership class. Every time i see one i remember that story he told us. After the war a lot were sold to logging companies in Canada and used in the bush. There are still some out there as i have seen 2 in my time. I wish I had the money to get one .

Very nice! my Jeep was overhauled by the Army in the 60's going by the tag on the engine.
    Thanks for showing

Great looking carrier. Thanks for sharing.
    John

What's the red, white and green painted storage box on the front bulkhead for?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    What's the red, white and green painted storage box on the front bulkhead for?
    Smoke & flares?

Being RAEME, here is something that may be of some interest to you?

Its a 1937 dated Mechanical World Year Book that was once owned by Brigadier H.L.C. Martins ( then a captain ) who went on to become the Director of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering (DEME) from Jan 1967 to December 1969. He was allocated to the Australian Army Ordnance Corps and, on 8 Aug 42, was transferred to the newly formed Army Electrical and Mechanical Engineers. Brigadier Martins was made an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) on 10 Jun 1954, for services as the Commanding Officer of the British and Commonwealth Advanced Base Workshop in Korea.

Brigadier Martins died on 17 Jul 1989. Following a request by Mrs Martins and her family, the RAEME Corps Committee agreed to establish a Memorial Award to be known as The Brigadier H.L.C. Martins, OBE Memorial Encouragement Award.

I would be happy to donate it to the RAEME museum ( if there is one )

Regards, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LP2A Carrier from Australia   LP2A Carrier from Australia  

LP2A Carrier from Australia  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast