Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

My Jeep and it's history

Article about: Hi Jay, thanks! The Bridge Too Far quote was very apt! I thought it might be worth showing some more of the documentation I have which I mentioned in the text of my original post. Here is th

?

Default Re: My Jeep and it's history

Hello Again!

Thanks Adrian for all info!!!
    You did like the plate on windshield... and some history...
    My Jeep was sold to Sweden in 1956 or 57 and i did find with the papers to this Jeep... a Spare parts list and inside it have a..... Instruction Book from that company that did sell the Jeep!!!

Best regards

Emil

That is very nice to see. Thanks.

I had expected to hear that the Jeep was found in England recently so that was a surprise!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hello Adrian!

No the Jeep have been in Sweden sice 1957...
    It do have old Swedish plates and papers... but did fall out of this Swedish system and the old guy...(80years old) that i did buy it from did use the British plates and drive the Jeep at his farm only...
    I have seen the Jeep for abaut 15 years and didn´t know so mutch abaut it.
    The owner did call me and asked me what i did think of the Jeeps price.
    I did go to him and looked at the Jeep. And i did see the steering wheel and the lowered wheelhouse on left rear.
    I did think it was a British Airborne Jeep and searched on the net and did found that it probely was that.... so...
    I did give him an offer and did get it last week.... !!!
    And i´m very happy for it!
    I do also have a British Ford GP 1941 and a Canadian Willys MB 1942 Slatgrill and some Bantam/Willys Trailers... but no British Airborne trailer...
    Best regards

Emil

Hi Emil, sounds like you have a wonderfull collection. I like Ford GP's in particular.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hello Adrian!

Yes i do like the GP also... I have started with that project...
    A question...
    The Convoy light.... Are it the rubber style or the steel tube style on the British Airborne Jeeps?
    Best regards

Emil

Steel tube type.

?

Hello Again Adrian!

Also look here: G503.com Message Forums • View topic - British Airborne markings on dash!????
    Do you know what markings that is?
    Did find some markings on rear panel also... 45 MPH in orange paint i think...
    Haven´t find any Pegasus yet...
    More pics here:

British Airborne Jeep pictures by swedeherbie - Photobucket

I have contacted: home - WW2 Fabrications
    I have send that company a copy of British Airborne modifications book.
    They are going to make me all parts that i´m missing.
    Best regards

Emil

Hi Emil, I don't recognise those markings on the dashboard, sorry.

Cheers, Ade.

Was it hard to find? (buy)

With mine? I honestly bought it by almost accident. I knew nothing about Jeeps at the time: just the right place at the right time, calling in on a now sadly late friend Phill.

I do have a photo somewhere of me about to drivie the Jeep around the grass field behind Phill's house. Phill was fooling around, knowing I had no driving licence, and he is on his knees praying I would not crash the Jeep. I will find it and scan it. I know I look very young in it.....

Cheers, Ade.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast