Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

My Jeep and it's history

Article about: Hi Jay, thanks! The Bridge Too Far quote was very apt! I thought it might be worth showing some more of the documentation I have which I mentioned in the text of my original post. Here is th

Default Re: My Jeep and it's history

Hi all
    I have just joined this forum after reading about the above thread on the jeep. I have recently bought an Austin Champ here in Sydney and noticed that in April 1961, it had a base overhaul at B269, which I have been told is Weston-super-Mare. It ended up here in Australia and finally to me! I will be interested in also finding out about its history, as my previous Champ in 1987 was sadly sold and all records were lost with it. I won't let that happen again!
    Regards

Simon

Hi Simon, welcome to the forum!

Please do a thread about your Champ. I would like to see it and I am sure others would too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Adrian
    Thanks for that. Will post some pictures (once I find out how to attach them to my replies!)

Simon

?

For those Interested in Weston-Super-Mare Henlys Wartime vehicle Maintenance section:

Western IMPS are trying to arrange a last visit to Weston Aerodrome.
    It does not look hopeful as the the land is rumoured to have been passed over to the Housing Contractors who have yet to be contacted for permission to access the Aerodrome and Hangers which are now small industrial Units.

However on June 9 & 10 2012 Western IMPS are holding a Forties Weekend at a local National Trust Estate - Tyntesfield.

If any forties period vehicle owners would like to join Western IMPS for the Forties Weekend at Tyntesfield and combine it with a visit to the Weston-Super-Mare Aerodrome please contact the Area Secretary: James Shopland.

james@shoplandsawmills.co.uk

The National Trust stipulates that all vehicle participating in the Tyntesfield Forties Weekend need pre-registering.

There are Discounted Dinner/ Dance tickets for Exhibitors, camping is available.

Tyntesfield - Visitor information - National Trust

All the best,

Tim K.

Adrian, thanks for fantastic info, you inspired me to start my own thread.

Regards Gerry

Thought I would post a little update.

I have spent the last two days working on my Jeep. As well as the mechanical work I wanted to undertake, it was time for a respray. Having looked at the front floor, which had been patched a few times, I have decided to bite the bullet and replace this with a new front floor pan. So the Jeep is now stripped down and the body nearly ready to come off.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Was the ministry of supply plate fitted to your jeep Adrian,and if so on drivers side inner fender or wind shield,thanks Colin.

Hi Colin, it was fitted to the inner wing.

Cheers, Ade,

Fantastic history,best documented one ive seen.
    Perhaps you should treat your self to a Russian GPA next....

great looking Jeep Ade! i lost my mind a few years ago and sold my 1945 military jeep. I now only have my 1969 Ford M151 vietnam jeep. Thanks for sharing.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast