Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sherman Identification request ?

Article about: Ive just been given a couple of Photo albums of WWII fire service related photo's to scan and save for the owner. In one album is this picture of a Sherman having its waterproofing tested by

What a great picture, The downs above Plumpton and Lewes were live firing training areas but I've never seen any pictures of them in use.

In about 1977 i visited a school friends farm at balsdean [It was occupied for a little over a hundred years until its requisition in 1942 by the military authorities. All of the surrounding downland between Woodingdean and Kingston near Lewes was similarly requisitioned for military exercises, which resulted its destruction and subsequent demolition by the end of the war.] there was a live mortar in the outside toilet and he gave me a mk111 sten in good condition that had been ploughed up,unfortunately i sold that with my militaria collection in about 1978,all the local farm gates had 25pdr smoke shells on them to keep them closed i still have two on my fireplace.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sherman Identification request ?  

matildas gathered seaford head
    and a couple of random sherman pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sherman Identification request ?   Sherman Identification request ?  

canadian scottish and regina rifles training in sussex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sherman Identification request ?   Sherman Identification request ?  

This is sherman T152656 now at sherbrooke,quebec.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sherman Identification request ?  

This is t152655 victoria park,ontario

more shermans with close numbers but cant find that one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3