Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Universal carrier Mk.2*

Article about: A couple of pictures of my Canadian Ford carrier. John

Default Universal carrier Mk.2*

A couple of pictures of my Canadian Ford carrier. John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Universal carrier Mk.2*   Universal carrier Mk.2*  

Default Re: Universal carrier Mk.2*

Mate,

Very nice looks in good running order?

Jock

Hi John, I would love to hear more about it. Any known history etc. Do you take it to any events? How thirsty is it?

I have ridden in a few carriers over the years. Great fun! I always find them hot.

Cheers, Ade.

Yes the carrier is in perfect working order. In the mid 1980s I bought 18 vehicles from the owners of Baptys film hire company.Amongst them was this carrier, I know that it appeared in the film A Bridge too Far and also in other films. I suspect that it was still in its crate at the end of WWII and has not done many miles before I bought it. I say this because after driving it up and down the beach at the military meeting at Weston Super Mare we had to take out two track links from each side to tighten up the tracks. I also used it in the film The Land Girls but the shots of it ended up on the cutting room floor.
    I have no idea as to how thirsty it is, but as Ady says it is great fun to drive. As to being hot to ride in, I am OK in the drivers seat.
    I think the build date is Oct. 1944. John.

Hi John, I used to go to the old show at Weston Super Mare It was a fun show! I used to like the large sand hill they built to drive over. I must have seen your carrier there.

"A Bridge Too Far" is my favourite war film too.

Cheers, Ade.

Just for you Aide, 2nd. Weston Super Mare Show with my friends KD Dodge Ambulance. John.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Universal carrier Mk.2*  

Thanks John. Brings back memories.

Cheers, Ade.