Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Belgian T15 tanks

Article about: Having bought two roller wheels for a T15 tanks in Belgium, I wondered if any were still around? Bigsie

Default Belgian T15 tanks

Having bought two roller wheels for a T15 tanks in Belgium, I wondered if any were still around?

Bigsie

Only ever 42 produced, can't recall seeing any in Brussels tank museum or anywhere else.

Shame, I know they won't go down in the top ten tanks of ww2 polls but I wish I'd enquired where they came from at the time. I remember the guy had two man wheels too but I thought they were bren gun carrier wheels at the time.

Might have been interesting to know where he got them from. They were used by Belgians in 1940 but no match for the German tanks or antitank guns. Those not destroyed were used by the Germans for internal security in occupied Belgium but I don’t have details on numbers but was probably very few. A rare relic.

Default Photos

Here they are
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Belgian T15 tanks   Belgian T15 tanks  

The T15 tanks were divided up between the Belgian Army's two Cavalry Divisions and the 1e Division de Chasseurs Ardennais and the 2e Division de Chasseurs Ardennais. All these units were committed in the Ardennes to counter the German assault at this point. As already pointed out the T15 was outclassed by German armour and was soon destroyed.

Maybe one day I'll come across the rest of it!

I've contacted the Belgian Tank Museum to see if they have any need.

Thanks Blackcat1982.