Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

What’s your favorite tank

Article about: Hello everyone, what’s your favorite tank, spg or Tankette. My favorite is the tks Tankette from ww2

One of my favourite WWII tanks is the SOMUA S35. A decent gun, quite fast and well armoured.
    Attached Images Attached Images What’s your favorite tank 

Centurion.. remember seeing these come up for sale now and again in the trading post years ago for next to nothing in today's money. haha
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What’s your favorite tank  

In the summer months we attend and put on a handful of shows.....3-4 CVRTs and this Challie 1........lots of smoke, flames and bangs.....

Sadly we don't do as many as we used to....but when we ARE there, they know about it!

My two favorites (as I can't seem to pick one) are the Sherman and the Panther. Since the Panther has already been posted I'll pick the Sherman today. Probably the best tank of the war it served in all theaters quite successfully, was easy to produce, reliable, and easy to modify. My favorite variant is probably the "jumbo", the added armor looks great and they have an interesting operational history. The duplex drive is another weird variant but jumbo is #1 for me, also I feel I should mention it due to the 75th anniversary of the operation they took part in. Post war they were still used and modified extensively, the Israeli Super Sherman is a great example of that.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What’s your favorite tank   What’s your favorite tank  

Last edited by Politefaun; 06-07-2019 at 03:49 AM.

?

I like this one!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What’s your favorite tank  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

For me it’s my grandfathers m10 tank destroyer.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

The second Sherman there is the jumbo Sherman, a rare beast now a days.

From a historical perspective I like the "Panther" but as a former tank commander this was my favorite.What’s your favorite tank

For me, it has to be the IS-2, because it has the hull of a T-34 which is my 2nd favorite tank (I am not sure but I believe that it is, or at least based off of a T-34 hull) and the huge gun and turret on the top. Also, I believe that one of my relatives was a tank crewman of an IS-2 in the Baltic Front.

Here is a picture of me next to an IS-2 at the Museum of The Great Patriotic War in Moscow:

?

I think the IS family of tanks have a unique hull design. With a few influences from the KV family it replaced.

I don’t think there is anything interchangeable between the T-34 and IS-2

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast