Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

1.72nd scale. Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf.G. & Sturmgeschutz 4.

Article about: Hi, Two more small 1/72nd scale models from a few years back they are both old Revell kits quite basic really but they build into nice representations of a Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf.G and later p

Default 1.72nd scale. Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf.G. & Sturmgeschutz 4.

Hi, Two more small 1/72nd scale models from a few years back they are both old Revell kits quite basic really but they build into nice representations of a Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf.G and later period Sturmgeschutz 4 (Stug 3 and Stug 4.) both these Tank destroyers were built by utilizing existing obsolete Panzer 3 and 4 Tanks of by eliminating the turrets and adding fixed fighting compartments and bigger guns they were easier to produce and were manufactured in vast numbers they were also very effective and used on all fronts right to the end of the war. The main disadvantage though for most Tank destroyer crews is there is no rotatable turret and the fixed gun has very limited left/right movement so the driver has to manoeuvre the whole vehicle to line up for targets and they usually have much thinner armour than true tanks but these vehicles were intended as ambush snipers rather than closer tank to tank combat vehicles. Both of these models are built absolutely straight from the box with no added details apart from a simple tarp made from paper towel and white glue on the gun mantlet of the Stug 4. easy to build and fun to paint.
    Cheers, Andy.
    First pics - Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf.G
    1.72nd scale. Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf.G. & Sturmgeschutz 4.1.72nd scale. Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf.G. & Sturmgeschutz 4.1.72nd scale. Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf.G. & Sturmgeschutz 4.1.72nd scale. Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf.G. & Sturmgeschutz 4.1.72nd scale. Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf.G. & Sturmgeschutz 4.1.72nd scale. Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf.G. & Sturmgeschutz 4.1.72nd scale. Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf.G. & Sturmgeschutz 4.1.72nd scale. Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf.G. & Sturmgeschutz 4.1.72nd scale. Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf.G. & Sturmgeschutz 4.1.72nd scale. Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf.G. & Sturmgeschutz 4.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sturmgeschutz 4
    1.72nd scale. Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf.G. & Sturmgeschutz 4.1.72nd scale. Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf.G. & Sturmgeschutz 4.1.72nd scale. Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf.G. & Sturmgeschutz 4.1.72nd scale. Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf.G. & Sturmgeschutz 4.1.72nd scale. Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf.G. & Sturmgeschutz 4.1.72nd scale. Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf.G. & Sturmgeschutz 4.1.72nd scale. Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf.G. & Sturmgeschutz 4.1.72nd scale. Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf.G. & Sturmgeschutz 4.

MAP
    ?

Always love seeing what you put on display for us!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

RMD
    ?

Awesome!

Great detail and paint work for such a small scale.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Hi, Thanks for your kind remarks guys it's nice to know that some of you like looking at my models and thanks to this forum because posting photos of my old models on here and the responses they have received has rekindled my passion for modelling and I'm now back into it after a very long pause due to serious health issues and a very long and hard recovery. I thought I had lost it for good and was even thinking of selling all my tools and kit stash but it's all coming back now so I'm afraid you might have to put up with more of my efforts.
    Regards, Andy.

Lightbulb

Don't give up, please ! The above pics show that some of those 'old kits' can still look superb - when the modeller knows what he's doing....

RMD
    ?

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    Don't give up, please ! The above pics show that some of those 'old kits' can still look superb - when the modeller knows what he's doing....

....... Well said