MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

A Frenchman, Russian & 3 Germans

Article about: Guys, Got these last week end cheap and chearful, they tickled me so I got them. The bloke had lots more quite reasonably priced. I will take pics next time if he's there. Jock

Default A Frenchman, Russian & 3 Germans

Guys,

Got these last week end cheap and chearful, they tickled me so I got them. The bloke had lots more quite reasonably priced. I will take pics next time if he's there.

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Frenchman, Russian & 3 Germans   A Frenchman, Russian & 3 Germans  

Default Re: A Frenchman, Russian & 3 Germans

Hi Jock , what are these made from , and how old are they , neat pieces in some good pose's, cheers Raymond

Hi jock,
    Those are quite nice soldiers they look pretty old as well, as plenty of date to them. are they lead , as they look it it would be nice to see better paint on them but they have had plenty of play i think.
    But worth keeping.
    dave.

Guys,

They are Lineol and elastoline and the Russian is unmarked.

Jock

OKW
    ?

i thought elastoline were sawdust and binder worked on a wire frame, very susceptible to damp, the wire corroded, expanded and split the sawdust putty apart. They seemed to be very popular in the 80's.

OKW,

you seem to know more than me, I only got them as they were cheap and chearful. Yes they are not in good shape and you can see the wire (bits missing from rifles), I will try for better photos in daylight.

Jock