MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shed ( my ) find - 1/9th Kubelwagen

Article about: My shed ( we live in a semi-rural area ) has always been my collection repository ( other than a display cabinet for the best stuff in my study ) so there inevitably ends up being boxes of s

Default Shed ( my ) find - 1/9th Kubelwagen

My shed ( we live in a semi-rural area ) has always been my collection repository ( other than a display cabinet for the best stuff in my study ) so there inevitably ends up being boxes of stuff forgotten about. Doing a sort and clean today, I found a box without a label - in it I found this old thing I built maybe 20 years ago...

When you forget what you have does that mean you really DO have too much sh#t???

I'm not the best modeller, but I think I did a fair job? .... its the Italeri version and while still available and pricey, the detail is quite good.

Cheers, Dan

Shed ( my ) find - 1/9th Kubelwagen Shed ( my ) find - 1/9th Kubelwagen Shed ( my ) find - 1/9th Kubelwagen Shed ( my ) find - 1/9th Kubelwagen Shed ( my ) find - 1/9th Kubelwagen
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Wow... incredible detail. I thought this was real at first until a few photos in haha, I skimmed the heading.

Dos
    ?

You did a great job back then! I like the deaths head detail on it. My neighbor had one of these when i used to live in the city when i was a kid. He drove it regularly! What’s the scale on this model?

-Dos

?

Nicely Done Dan,
    I like the finer details you did. A model worthy of being boxed up for the future.
    Nice touch

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Same here, a few photos fooled me.

Great job Dan the Man!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Dos, Phil & Michael!

Dos - its 1/9th scale so its about 40cm long ( whats that...14"?? ) I had the actual cloth roof somewhere but it wasn't in the same box ..... we've had a house move over that time and I gave a lot of the old models away to nephews and friends ... I have a bike too somewhere, a zundapp or BMW. I'll try to find it ..... yes I have too much crap ...

.....BUT NOT AS MUCH AS RENE!!!

I just realised a tow hook is missing off the front ...grrr!!!
    Last edited by Danmark; 01-08-2021 at 07:09 AM.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I'll try to find it ..... yes I have too much crap ...

.....BUT NOT AS MUCH AS RENE!!!
    So true!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Haven't found the motorbike yet - but I DID find this Marder self propelled gun that I weathered up at the time ...... maybe I wasn't too bad a modeller after all?

Nicely done, Dan.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast