Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

another VIRTUTI MILITARI

Article about: by Igor Ostapenko and another VM5 from Knedler (?) water and soap

Quote by Igor Ostapenko View Post
    email from seller of this order -
    " Bonjour
    Cette medaille faisait partie d'un lot (voir photo)le nom "Nowakowski" etait noté sur un papier dans ce carton de souvenirs,Je ne sais pas plus!
    Cordialement Jean Pierre "
    Can you see roll of names - Nowakowski receive order IV class ?
    this page was with awards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture another VIRTUTI MILITARI   another VIRTUTI MILITARI  

KiM
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture another VIRTUTI MILITARI  

number of Order 8886
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture another VIRTUTI MILITARI  

Hello Igor, yes, a Krupski i Matulewicz in exceptional condition. Your new acquisition?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hello Igor, yes, a Krupski i Matulewicz in exceptional condition. Your new acquisition?

Regards,
    Tony
    Hello Tony,
    Yes, today arrived
    I like original "papierkowe" ribbon .
    Information from seller -
    " Awarded to Lancer Jan Szymczyk, Reconnaissance Unit, 1st Grenadier Divition .
    KIA in France in 1940 "
    This is correct Information ?

Congratulations Igor, that’s a nice example. I’m not with my reference sources at the moment so cannot verify who the recipient of 8886 was. But from both the serial # range and the condition I suspected that this was a ‘surplus’ pre-war cross that was a PSZ KIA award. The seller’s ID info, if correct, bears this out.

I’ve yet to determine the story behind these near mint condition VM’s awarded to KIA soldiers that surface on the market not too irregularly. The only thing I can think of is that they were never claimed by the family and were held in storage, likely at the Sikorski repository in London. They were then sold off at some point, perhaps at the same time as the surplus Monte Cassino crosses that were released onto the market some 20 years ago. Pure speculation, but it seems plausible.

Congratulations again on your acquisition.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank You, Tony !

Hello Igor,

Well done on obtaining such a fine VM, I have checked the following books and online for the Recipient of the Silver Cross Virtuti Militari Numbered 8886.

Professor Wesolowski Book list's the Recipient as: Kanonier Jan Szymczyk 1PAL

Dr. Suchitz Book list's the Recipient as: Ulan.sp. Jan Szymczyk

Whilst the book published by the Polish Institute and General Sikorski Museum in London in 1952 listing those Killed in Action in the West (Wykaz, Polegcych i Zmarlych Zolnierzy Polskich sil Zbrojnych na obczyznie w latach 1939-1946). does not list any Jan Szymczyk at all.

I then checked Google books on line and the History of the 8PUL (I have a copy but can not find it at the moment) lists Ulan Jan Szymczyk 3rd Squadron awarded the Virtuti Militari in the September Campaign. It also goes on to list his death during the French Campaign in 1940.

That is all that I could find I will keep looking for my copy of the 8PUL and will let you know if I find it unless any of the other members have a copy to hand.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Hello Andrzejku ,
    Thank You very much !!!
    I will wait more Information ... thanx !
    p.s. Hier Janusz Stankiewicz. Genealogia, przodkowie, badania genealogiczne, forum dyskusyjne
    I see only Szymczak Jan uł. PSZ VM V kl. 1939-45

hier KAWALEROWIE ORDERU VIRTUTI MILITARI

I see
    Smrokowski Władysław
    Odznaczenia:
    Order Wojenny Virtuti Militari IV Klasy (nr 39)
    Order Wojenny Virtuti Militari V Klasy (nr 8900) / my cross number 8886 /
    Croix de Guerre (fr.)
    - " ... W czasie kampanii francuskiej służył w sztabie 3 Śląskiego Pułku Strzelców w 1 Dywizji Grenadierów. Po kapitulacji przedarł się wraz grupą żołnierzy 1 Dywizji Grenadierów do południowej, nie okupowanej strefy Francji. Podczas przekraczania granicy pomiędzy strefami został postrzelony w nogę. Z pomocą żołnierzy dotarł do Lyonu, gdzie został wyleczony. Następnie przez Hiszpanię i Portugalię dotarł do Wielkiej Brytanii. Za udział w kampanii francuskiej został na wniosek generała Bronisława Ducha odznaczony Orderem Virtuti Militari V Klasy. "

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast