Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

borejki auta radzymin sokal

Article about: Hello all, Can anyone please help me identify this badge? I looked up a rough translation and believe it is for the 28th Rifle Regiment Kaniowskich but don't know exactly what this means. Ca

Default borejki auta radzymin sokal

Hello all,

Can anyone please help me identify this badge? I looked up a rough translation and believe it is for the 28th Rifle Regiment Kaniowskich but don't know exactly what this means. Came in a very old collection I just purchased. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture borejki auta radzymin sokal   borejki auta radzymin sokal  

borejki auta radzymin sokal   borejki auta radzymin sokal  

borejki auta radzymin sokal  

?

You have correctly identified your badge. This is indeed 28th Kaniowski Riflemen Regiment. It was infantry regiment. Kaniowski is a nickname regiment has acquired after the battle of Kaniow in 1919. Borejki, Auta, Radzymin, Sokal are names of battlefields, where regiment fought, during Polish-Bolshevik war.

The badge showed on photos is a second model introduced in 1929 and this is a private's / NCO's version (officers' ones were silver enameled). Unfortunately, I cannot refer to originality of the presented example – one should bear in mind that many post war copies have been prepared, even with use of original matrix (due to that it is hardly possible to identify them).

Yep, its a badge of the 28th from Lodz in Poland. Borejki, Auta, Sokal and Radzymin were places of major battles fought during 1919-21 war (not only against Bolshevik Russia). Kaniowski was a nickname acording to regiment roots - it was formed on Ukraine in 1919 from two regiments - newly formed 28 IR from Lodz and small group of veterans/survivors from Kaniow. In Second Republic four infantry regiments were called Kaniowski: 28 and 31 based in Lodz plus 30(Warsaw) and 29(Kalisz). This is a version for NCO's and soldiers as mentioned. No idea about originality ...

I'm intereted in buying/swap for sth else even if its a copy.