Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

The Cross and Medal of Independence

Article about: Here is a complete ‘award package’ issued to a recipient of the Medal of Independence. It consists of the following components: 1) the decoration – full size and miniature 2) the presentatio

Quote by CQE View Post
    Helen, can you share some info and pictures with us?
    Best regards,
    Jurek
    I have added my photograph of Antoni's documentation. I am researching my family tree and Roczmierowski members are extremely difficult to find. My family heirlooms are currently packed in my grandfather Franciszek Roczmierowski's military trunk. I will try and add more later. (I have only just seen this message, and am not sure why I didn't receive the email notification, I suspect my spam folder stole it, very frustrating, so apologies for the delay!)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Cross and Medal of Independence   The Cross and Medal of Independence  

And this is my little collection of crosses
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Cross and Medal of Independence  

Hello Everyone,

I cam across the following Legitymacja whilst surfing the Web this week, I hope you like them :

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

I came across the following photograph whilst surfing this morning of a 1863 Uprising Veteran :

Ppor. Arkadiusz Jasiński awarded the KZzM (Cross of Independence with Swords) VM Numbered : 8732.

click to enlarge the photograph in a new window

Best wishes

Andrzej

The Cross and all its original documents and boxes is on eBay right now:
    Poland 2nd Republic Cross of Independence + Legitymacją + Diploma + ORIG Boxes | eBay

Hello Monasofia,

Many thanks for your post, once the auction is over the link will become invalid, so it is always wise to post the photographs showing the actual item so that it can be stored on the Forum for all to see :

Link to the web page is below, click on it to be taken there

Poland 2nd Republic Cross of Independence + Legitymacją + Diploma + ORIG Boxes | eBay

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello everyone,
    I have a 2nd class Cross of Independence in its box, is it an ORIGINAL? (Gontarczyk made, may be ?)

In my family someone told me that my great grand-father was awarded one, but this is NOT this cross, that one was lost, this is another one I have, this is why I ask for opinions about this one.
    (After reading the thread I presume that there is NO list available for the 2nd class WITHOUT swords, unfortunately).

I just like the "art déco" & simple end elegant look of this cross and especially the eagle in the centre; I just LOVE those angular eagles, those "geometric interpretations" from the inter-war era, some of them are incredibly daring and beautiful. I add some other exemples from a book*, because I think they are just AWESOME.

* Waldemar Łysiak, Wyspa zaginionych skarbów, Exlibris, Chicago-Warszawa 2001: chapter "Angular Eagles"

Hello Gazal, yes, your cross is a Gontarczyk product. They are in my opinion the nicest of the ones produced.

I absolutely agree about the wonderful design work which incorporates the art deco flair of the period. This is also reflected in the award documentation through the use of a typeface that was created especially for this decoration.

Somewhere on the web I have seen a list of cross recipients. So at least a partial one does exist. I will post it if I can find it.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Tony,
    THANK YOU very much for Your answer!
    I suspected the Cross to be a Gontarczyk, glad You confirmed it.

Yes, the award documentation is often very beautiful, I know what You are talking about. The graphic identity of this period (20’s-30’s) was so strong all across Europe (and in Poland not the less), and so classy by my sense, and sometimes just a document from this period can be a real esthetic gem.
    Seems a lot of this craft was lost along the way, as we live in a period of things rather ment to be mass-made quickly and cheap. Less and less young people do even hand-writing… I stop here this divagation, as my English is not strong enough to express it more precisely…

I will probably ask more questions in the future, because this forum is just great and full of knowledge!

THANKS again! ALL the best!
    G.

Hi Gents,
    Sorry for a blurry pictures. A new generation of fakes? Getting much closer to original, I mean the cross itself. Swords are still pretty lame.

Best!
    Serg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Cross and Medal of Independence   The Cross and Medal of Independence  

The Cross and Medal of Independence   The Cross and Medal of Independence  

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast