Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Date of Virtuti Militari ????

Article about: hi, not sure if these TWO are correct ,would appreciate your help and advice, as well out of my depth with these crosses !! Your help is greatfully appreciated thanks steve

Default Virtuti Militari !!!! REAL ????? fake ??? NOT SURE PLEASE HELP !!!

hi,
    not sure if these TWO are correct ,would appreciate your help and advice, as well out of my depth with these crosses !!
    Your help is greatfully appreciated
    thanks
    steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Date of Virtuti Militari ????   Date of Virtuti Militari ????  

Last edited by arrestingu; 01-09-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Default Re: Date of Virtuti Militari ????

also this cross..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Date of Virtuti Militari ????   Date of Virtuti Militari ????  

Date of Virtuti Militari ????  

?

I'm sure the first VM (1332) can be identified/ dated and possibly named ...

Gary J.

hi garry,
    iam really out of my depth on these awards ..are they original ..i know theres copies out there !!
    all the best
    steve

?

Steve,
    No doubt some more discerning eyes will check out the details .....

Gary J.

Hi Steve, both crosses are definitely copies. I would date these roughly to the 1960’s / 70’s, and they are likely Polish made. These were produced both for the collectors market and also as legitimate replacements. Numbered crosses, such as the 4th Class one you’ve pictured, suggest a replacement cross. But of course, crosses are also numbered in order to deceive.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank you !! you win some ,you lose some ;-)

Quote by arrestingu View Post
    you win some ,you lose some ;-)
    Hi again Steve,

All depends on how much you paid. These copies typically sell for under $100.

Keep in mind that checking here first before a purchase is a worthwhile step!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne