Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

either polish or german skull badge and eagle badge?

Article about: hello i just picked these items up from another young collector like myself and have no clue on what to think of a few of them. if they where war time, pre war or post. i thing the skull bad

Default either polish or german skull badge and eagle badge?

hello i just picked these items up from another young collector like myself and have no clue on what to think of a few of them. if they where war time, pre war or post. i thing the skull badg is german and the ealge is polish but if anybody can give me any info on the items i got that would be awsm! thanks...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture either polish or german skull badge and eagle badge?   either polish or german skull badge and eagle badge?  

either polish or german skull badge and eagle badge?   either polish or german skull badge and eagle badge?  

either polish or german skull badge and eagle badge?   either polish or german skull badge and eagle badge?  

Default Re: either polish or german skull badg and eagle badg?

sorry all the pictures are all mixed up i dont know why it did that...

Default Re: either polish or german skull badg and eagle badg?

the buttons with the three crowns i believe are Swedish WW2 uniform buttons.
    as you suspect, the eagle device with the curved base is a WW2 polish hat device.
    now, i'm no expert, but the buttons with the eagles on them i think are also polish, however were these WW2 i believe the eagles would have crowns. as they do not, i suspect they are post WW2 from the years of soviet occupation.
    the set of buttons with eagles WITH crowns i think are WW2 era polish buttons from before the soviet occupation.

someone with greater expertise will come along i am sure and either confirm or correct or expand on this.

Default Re: either polish or german skull badge and eagle badge?

The skull badge might be a German Freikorps badge but I'm not sure. Try posting it the German Imperial forum.

The badge is of Polish origin, called the Commemorative Badge of the Góra Straceń (the Mountain of Execution) Sector. It was one of the badges issued for the defense of the city of Lwow in 1918, for defenders of an area where a particularly bloody battle took place. It is a very widely faked badge, and unfortunately this one looks like it falls into that category.

The rank star is post war Polish. The wz.19 hat eagle looks OK.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    The badge is of Polish origin, called the Commemorative Badge of the Góra Straceń (the Mountain of Execution) Sector. It was one of the badges issued for the defense of the city of Lwow in 1918, for defenders of an area where a particularly bloody battle took place. It is a very widely faked badge, and unfortunately this one looks like it falls into that category.

The rank star is post war Polish. The wz.19 hat eagle looks OK.

Regards,
    Tony
    hey thanks for the information on the skull badg it was just one of those instant buys where u new it had somthing to do with ww1 or ww2 but new nothing about it. unfourtinatl i jumped befor digging deeper into the badg itself. ohh well thanks alot tho!

?

Breadbag, ammunition pouches, wedge hat are unfortunately not Polish.
    Regards