Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed with cap badge

Article about: I’m embarrassed to have to ask this, but is the officer in this old photo Polish? I’ve been searching for awhile trying to find a match for his uniform and cap badge, without luck. No do

Default Help needed with cap badge

I’m embarrassed to have to ask this, but is the officer in this old photo Polish? I’ve been searching for awhile trying to find a match for his uniform and cap badge, without luck. No doubt somebody here will recognize his uniform straight away, so I thought I’d ask...

Hello Hallibag,

Unfortunately the photograph is not of a Polish Officer, I have looked to see if it resembles either Austrian, Yugoslavian but with no luck, hopefully one of the other forum members will be able to identify the uniform.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thanks, Andrzejku98. I feel like I should recognize this uniform, but I don’t. The cap badge appears to me to have a letter R on it, so I thought maybe Romania, but doesn’t seem to be. Oh, well, I appreciate you ruling out Poland.

Further thought - after staring at the cap badge some more, I’m pretty sure that, below the possible letter “R” are two other letters that look like “CS”. Czechoslovakia?

I could not find anything when searching. It will be interesting to find out.
    John