Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

How to check a full record of soldier 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division?

Article about: I'd like to check a full details of soldier Ziółkowski Władysław, 1909/168, 8 batalion, st.strzelec 3DSK 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division Currently I can't check by MOD, because they expect

Default How to check a full record of soldier 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division?

I'd like to check a full details of soldier Ziółkowski Władysław, 1909/168, 8 batalion, st.strzelec
    3DSK
    3rd Carpathian Rifle Division

Currently I can't check by MOD, because they expect a certificate of death. I haven't, because my Grandfather never back from WW2.
    Thank you for help.

Hello Arek1971,

Many thanks for your post, I have searched the internet for you, found him listed on the list of soldiers of 3DSK Rank : St.Strz.

Now the only other information I found was about his Family ?,

Władysław born 15th January 1909 Born in Berezowica Mała now in the Ukraine, son of Andrzej and Kryztyna Husband of Stanisława.

I came across an entry in the London Gazette dated 13th September 1960, Supplement Number : 42142, Page Number : 6247, which granted British Citizenship to a Władysław Józef Ziółkowski, the entry is below :

How to check a full record of soldier 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division?

Unfortunately I could not find any information on Władysław Ziółkowski death through either Ancestry or Find my past websites.

If you explain this to the Ministry of Defence they might be more lenient to you, otherwise I am afraid you have hit a brick wall.

The PISM in London would be able to confirm the award of the Medal Wojska but that is all and they would charge you up front £25.00p

Best wishes

Andrzej

Dear Andrzej,
    Thank you so much for message with information.
    Could you tell me where did you found a birth date and details of his family?
    It was on website regarding 3DSK?
    I've seen this scan from gazette but unfortunately I don't know the second name of my Grandfather. I expect a personal document regarding my Grandfather from Warsaw soon.

Dear Andrzej, can we speak Polish?
    Best greetings to you!

Arek

I forgot, The PISM in London is close by pandemic.
    I told MOD situation with missing my Grandfather and problem with certificate of death but for them is not enough.

Hello Arek,

Many thanks for your replys, I gleaned the information about your Grandfather from the following website :

Władysław Ziołkowski (1909 - d.) - Genealogy

The 3DSK Website just contains the Rank, Name, Number, Unit, no personnel details, Link is below just click on it :

2 Korpus Polski - {oBnierze 3 Dywizji Strzelców Karpackich

Arek due to my failing eye sight, I would prefer English, if that is alright with you.

I had an email from a member of Staff at the PISM to say that unfortunately the Museum is closed the skeleton Staff are now working but you can appreciate the backlog of requests they have now got to handle and reply too.

Best wishes

Andrzej