Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

My two Polish Adrian, opinions

Article about: I ask yours opinion on my two helmets ADRIAN Polish, M15 and M26. The M15 is engraved on the shell, lower part back, what could be the last name "Goldstein" and the M26 on the chin

Default My two Polish Adrian, opinions

I ask yours opinion on my two helmets ADRIAN Polish, M15 and M26. The M15 is engraved on the shell, lower part back, what could be the last name "Goldstein" and the M26 on the chinstrap has written the name "Robert Girardin." The frieze of the two helmets is very similar, but that of the M15 engraved with the initials "WP". I think the helmet M15 goes back at least to the 20's and the M26 is the WW2 period. Thank you, best regards. Giovanni
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My two Polish Adrian, opinions   My two Polish Adrian, opinions  

My two Polish Adrian, opinions   My two Polish Adrian, opinions  

No opinions? Want more photos? Regards, Giovanni

?

I can't comment on the badges, I'd look for wear behind them on the shell but still wouldn't know if they were original or not.

The helmet shells look ok to me. The Mle 15 has lots of chips as if someone has been hitting it with something but the original blue can be seen under the green paint. The chinstrap looks like the type used on Mle 26 helmets and I'm not sure about the liner, it might just need a clean but compare it to the liners here .: World War Helmets - Casque Adrian modèle 15 :. To me the liner tongues look like those sewn in ones from the late 1930s(?).

The Mle 26 looks ok. That type of fixing for the chinstrap is unusual but they did use two piece brass fittings as well as the brass or aluminium stud so it's probably good.

Tony

Hi Gianni,

Needless to say, “Polish Adrians” are amongst the easiest helmets to produce if one is out to fool collectors that don't have well developed knowledge on the particulars of these helmets. And produced they are. Both with wz.19 eagles and especially of late using the reproduced metal disc eagle. The militaria market is positively flooded with them.

As far as your two examples:

The M15 doesn’t have the pre-war modifications the Poles made to their issue Adrians.

M26 Adrians, used by the Poles in France 1939/40, rarely had metal eagles applied, and especially Polish made wz.19 eagles (for obvious reasons).

Thanks for sharing these, and my apologies that the news is not better as to their Polish pedigree.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks for answers, in Italy it is not easy to find experts on these helmets Polish.
    Regards, Gianni