Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

New Book – Polish Helmets 1915-1939

Article about: Hello guys and gals, The authors have asked that I post announcement of this new bilingual publication scheduled to hit the bookstores in several months. This book will supersede the Polish-

Default New Book – Polish Helmets 1915-1939

Hello guys and gals,

The authors have asked that I post announcement of this new bilingual publication scheduled to hit the bookstores in several months. This book will supersede the Polish-language only Kijak reference of several years back which, while certainly useful, provided only a general overview of helmets used by the Polish Armed Forces spanning a longer time frame (1917-2000).

Volume 1 is devoted to helmets from 1915-1939 and will cover each one in more depth with new information and supported with detailed photographs. 1000 copies will be printed, so it’s destined to be one of those reference books that might become difficult to find or pricey to acquire once initial stocks are sold - as any of you searching for some of the Sawicki or Zawistowski books released in the past ten years have found out.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Book – Polish Helmets 1915-1939   New Book – Polish Helmets 1915-1939  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks for the notice Tony! An interesting subject to be sure. Any idea of the initial offering price? Kindest regards.

Brian

Hi Brian, you're most welcome. I do not yet know the price, but expect something in the typical 30-50USD range if purchased via a Poland based retailer. Add 50% to any that are listed on ebay by middle men.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

At that price a heck of a good investment. And a neat study in a not too often explored topic. Please notify us/me of when the orders can be placed? Best regards.

Brian

Hi Brian, don’t quote me on the price as it’s just a guess based on similar militaria reference books listed over the past several years. I’m not connected in any way with the sales of the book so do not know when it will hit the market (but will strive to remember to post something here when I do find out). And by way of disclaimer, this thread was purely informational and I do not gain any material or financial benefit from this announcement. I will be paying full retail for my copy, and would insist on doing so to recompense the authors for their efforts in providing a valuable service to us all. With only 1000 copies being sold I don’t think they’ll be retiring off any profits.

Cheers,
    Tony

Absolutely Tony. Nor was that in any way my implication. I really think it's an interesting subject matter. And sadly my memory is...well I forgot! So I just don't want to forget about the book when it does become available. Thanks again

Brian

No worries Brian, I did not pick up any such inference. It occurred to me to be a worthwhile disclaimer. You know how some people can be with these sorts of things.

If I do overlook posting anything here just mark your calendar at Christmastime to run a google search. I suspect it will be printed by then and this search will pick up seller listings.

Cheers,
    Tony

Does anyone know if this book was ever published? I have the authors' booklet on the Wz31 (certainly recommended) and I was enthusiastic about this forthcoming publication - but we're now almost five years later and my most recent search has found nothing.

Has it been cancelled altogether and I should just stop searching?

The book is coming soon.