Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Air Force badge

Article about: Not sure if this is authentic or not and not sure if its prewar or a Polish Exile Forces in the West badge. Can anyone shed some light on this badge? Thanks.

Question Polish Air Force badge

Not sure if this is authentic or not and not sure if its prewar or a Polish Exile Forces in the West badge. Can anyone shed some light on this badge? Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Air Force badge  

Default Re: Polish Air Force badge

Hello Dastier,

I'm quite certain that this is a modern badge. I cannot offer much information on it though.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Jes it is modern badge:
    87 batalion łączności

Thanks Tomek and A.J. Zawadzki.

I didn't consider it was modern because of the crown on the eagle. Any more info on the 87th Battalion of the Polish Air Force - operational status today, aircraft flown, location, etc. I didn't pay much for it so I 'm only mildly disappointed that its not a prewar or Exile badge.

?

87 batalion łaczności JW 3515
    Location- Pila.
    Formed 1969, disbanded 1999
    Worked with for example, 6 Regiment Fighter-Bomber and 47 Tactical Air Squadron

Squad:
    Company headquarters, company radiolines, two telecommunication companies, security company

ferteixe
    ?

First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Fernando and I am brazilian (so forgive me about my miswriting in english) and a great RAF enthusiast and a reenactor as well.

Few days ago, I have bought a polish badge. I would like to know if this badge is ww2 era and if it refers to a pilot cap badge. Please, take look at the photos below.

By the way, i have some doubts and i really apreciatte any help regarding to polish-raf insignias and badges.
    I have seen some pictures on the web (real and from reenactors), but some of them are so different from each other that i got confused. Then, I am going to list my doubsts here:

1) I have seen some pictures of polish flight sergeant wearing peaked caps instead of field service cap. Was this allowed to no-officers? And what was the correct cap badge for a polish flight sergeant and for a officer?

2) Was common to ww2 polish pilots wear the RAF mini-wings above the right breast pocket?

3) About the arms insignia, what standard was corret? I have seen many pictures. Some of them, there are only the eagles shoulders patchs and the sergeant stripes. In others, is added the polish titles. Others there are only the polish titles and the stripes. And about the crow, some of them are in brass and others are in chrome metal.

I really apreciatte any help, by indicating sources, posting photos, tips, etc.
    Thank you in advance.

Fernando
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Air Force badge  Polish Air Force badge 

3mk
    ?

Hey Fernando and welcome to the forum!
    Sorry I cant help you with your questions as I dont know the answers to them but I can tell you that your badge is a modern Polish Airforce Pilots badge.

Hello Fernando,

Welcome to the forum. You raised some good questions. But as they pertain to the Polish Armed Forces in the West I will move your question to that forum for exposure to the experts there.

Oh, and one little thing to clear up re Poland’s revered national symbol:

Quote by ferteixe View Post
    . . . . And about the crow,. . .
    It’s actually a white eagle. An unintentional slip I'm sure. But you're only allowed one like that . . .

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

ferteixe
    ?

Thank you guys for quick reply.

3mk, What are the main diferences between the modern badge and the ww2 badge? I am not expert, so the both look alike to me.

Dear Tony,

How I said before, sorry for mistakes in writing..I meant "crown", not crow . (coud you correct this on the new post you have created?) I meant that ones wore above the sergeant stripes. By what i have seen, they were made of chrome metal and other cases of brass.

Again, thanks for the kindness in answering my message.

All the best,

Fernando.