Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Polish army dagger,engraved

Article about: what is the inscription on this dagger?what would the value on this be??.....thanks,,Robert

Default Re: Polish army dagger,engraved

Hi tony,,,here are more pics of the engraving,etc,,,thanks,,robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish army dagger,engraved   Polish army dagger,engraved  

Polish army dagger,engraved   Polish army dagger,engraved  

Polish army dagger,engraved   Polish army dagger,engraved  

no more opinions?...i guess there is not enough knowledge on this particular item out there so i guess the thread has run its course,,

Thanks for the additional pictures of the etched side of the blade, and sorry for my slow reply. The quality of this etching is clearly inferior to period originals. It is also of an unknown and unrecognized pattern. The engraved dedication is also unusual in that it is does not name a recipient, and is rather crude in its execution. There are other details such as the lack of soldered scabbard rings, the inconsistent wear and patina, etc. The scabbard may be a fixed up original mated to the dagger as there are differences in the fitting details, and they should be identical (i.e the laurel leaves run in opposing directions, which is wrong).

Sorry, my verdict is not favourable. In my opinion this is a copy doctored up to deceive.

Regards,
    Tony

JimW
    ?

The grip looks a lot better in this photo.

I was thinking this may be a composite with added embelishments. The crossguard does not demonstrate the normal flaw of the reproductions. Although I did see the new Borowski marked reproduction on Ebay and it also had the flaw removed.

Just a couple of my thoughts.
    Jim
    Last edited by JimW; 02-02-2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: posted before I saw the moderator response.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2