Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Lancers Badge 1918

Article about: Hi, just thought I would show this badge on the forum. Belonged to a chap who's grandad served in WW.1 but he knows nothing about it. Cheers Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Polish Lancers Badge 1918

Polish Lancers Badge 1918Polish Lancers Badge 1918Polish Lancers Badge 1918Polish Lancers Badge 1918Hi, just thought I would show this badge on the forum. Belonged to a chap who's grandad served in WW.1 but he knows nothing about it. Look forward to your comments. Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Steve, it is the badge of the 14th Jazłowiecki Lancers Regiment (14 Pułk Ułanów Jazłowieckich). It appears to be a genuine enlisted ranks pre-war badge. Your friend can run that unit name through Google and get plenty of information. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheers, Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default Polish lancers Badge

Tony, thanks for your reply. That's good news, so as it's a genuine pre war badge which I understand is pretty rare, could you give an indication of it's value so I can also tell him that? thanks again. Steve

Hi again Steve, the real value to your friend should be the connection to his family history. No doubt he is aware of that. But as far as market value goes, this badge being an enlisted ranks version and somewhat worn, although to a cavalry regiment which are generally more valuable, I'll throw a dart and say it would fetch somewhere between US$300-500. I am open to the corrections of anyone with a better feel for current market prices.

Cheers, Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Thanks again for that Tony. Yes it's a family item as such but I don't think the granddad was Polish. The badge has been found within the last couple of weeks, whilst clearing the house as he's sadly died. Who knows what else might turn up, the guy has 2. other brothers and one of them has some medals but I don't know just what they are yet.

The house and possessions, are subject to probate at the moment so things might end up been sold. Cheers

You're most welcome Steve. Please keep us posted with any other finds. Regards, Tony