Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Polish made mauser bayonets

Article about: This weekend I was exchanging mails with Tony and we spoke about Polish bayonets. It seems that there is no thread devoted to this topic. Well, I decided to write about this topic providing

Next is a pretty worn Wz.28 bayonet made by Perkun in a German scabbard. This is an original pattern with the unnecessary flashguard. Curiously, there is a notch cut into the muzzle ring that looks way too deliberate to be "damage". It seems that one of the previous owners used the pommel as a hammer, as it is deformed enough to not be able to slide onto the bayonet lug of a rifle.

Additionally, I recently picked up a "simplified" Wz.28 bayonet made by FB Radom also in a German scabbard (no flashguard). This one also has a bit of damage to the muzzle ring, but this one easily slides onto a Wz.29 short rifle. The tang on this bayonet is the only one I have that doesn't have a mini-Polish eagle, but instead has a triangular grouping of three circles. I have seen this sort of "lucky charm" stamp on several components of my Wz.29 short rifle and Kbk. Wz. 1898 carbine. Additionally, the finish on this bayonet is extremely shiny, to the point where it is almost a mirror like finish? I am not sure if it has been refinished, but I will leave that up to the experts.

Last is the "Mobilization" version of the Wz.28 bayonet made by Perkun. As is typical, the blade is factory sharpened 1/2 way down the length from the tip. I am not sure if this is due to the inferior fit/finish of Perkun bayonets vs FB Radom bayonets, but the "WARSZAWA" and the Polish eagle on the ricasso is VERY deeply stamped, and the "1939" is very lightly stamped. I am not sure if the bayonet it is fitted in is a Polish one, but it fits perfectly. I did not see any markings on it to help distinguish/identify it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6