Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Polishboys polish white cross collection

Article about: POLISH WHITE CROSS Going thru my medals and badges collection I discovered a lone enamelled pin that was marked “Polish White Cross” I had never heard of the organization. Until I stumbled u

Default Polishboys polish white cross collection

POLISH WHITE CROSS

Going thru my medals and badges collection I discovered a lone enamelled pin that was marked “Polish White Cross” I had never heard of the organization. Until I stumbled upon a similar pin being sold on the internet. Apparently PWC existed during WW1 in France and provided aid and hospital services to General Haller's army and others.
    I coud not find any information regarding her volunteers, but assume they came from America together with Polish emigres in other countries.
    The organization similar to our American Red Cross was founded in October 1917 by Helena Paderewska, the wife of famous pianist Ignacy Paderewski who was also involved with the Polish Government.
    Pictures of the Red Banner, Nurse and Helena are from the internet.

Polishboy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polishboys polish white cross collection   Polishboys polish white cross collection  

Polishboys polish white cross collection  
    Attached Images Attached Images Polishboys polish white cross collection  Polishboys polish white cross collection