Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Pre-War Polish Army Officer's three bar Krzyż Walecznych 1920, identity booklet, medal award certificates and school certificate (research needed), 100% original pre war ?

Article about: Hello, Could you tell me if this collection (all to the same officer) is 100% original pre-war, please ? Please reply as soon as possible, to confirm that the collection is genuine, so I can

Default Pre-War Polish Army Officer's three bar Krzyż Walecznych 1920, identity booklet, medal award certificates and school certificate (research needed), 100% original pre war ?

Hello,

Could you tell me if this collection (all to the same officer) is 100% original pre-war, please ?

Please reply as soon as possible, to confirm that the collection is genuine, so I can pay the seller.

Am I right in thinking that the three bar Krzyż Walecznych 1920 (unfortunately, it is not serial numbered) is a second pattern Knedler and not a jewellers copy, please ?

Could you research this officer for me, his name is Porucznik Rezerwy Edward Platek please (the l has a slash accent and is also spelt Edwardowi Platkowi), (it seems he served in the Silesia region) ?

The sellers description said a Krzyż Walecznych 1920 with a ribbon and three bar cross was given four times. With a large set of pre-war documents to the same person: Booklet of State Service Officers.

Certification Polish citizenship-stamp the county Bedzin; certificate taking an active part in the struggle for independence of the Polish State (2 certification and notice of release).

Diploma in bronze and silver long service medal, both awarded by the Governor of Kielce.

Giving commemorative medal for the war 1918-1921.

Giving Silver Cross of merit. In addition, four other school certificates to the officer.

I have attached the photos.

Thank you very much, in advance.

justin1939

Justin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-War Polish Army Officer's three bar Krzyż Walecznych 1920, identity booklet, medal award certificates and school certificate (research needed), 100% original pre war  ?   Pre-War Polish Army Officer's three bar Krzyż Walecznych 1920, identity booklet, medal award certificates and school certificate (research needed), 100% original pre war  ?  

Pre-War Polish Army Officer's three bar Krzyż Walecznych 1920, identity booklet, medal award certificates and school certificate (research needed), 100% original pre war  ?   Pre-War Polish Army Officer's three bar Krzyż Walecznych 1920, identity booklet, medal award certificates and school certificate (research needed), 100% original pre war  ?  

Pre-War Polish Army Officer's three bar Krzyż Walecznych 1920, identity booklet, medal award certificates and school certificate (research needed), 100% original pre war  ?   Pre-War Polish Army Officer's three bar Krzyż Walecznych 1920, identity booklet, medal award certificates and school certificate (research needed), 100% original pre war  ?  

Pre-War Polish Army Officer's three bar Krzyż Walecznych 1920, identity booklet, medal award certificates and school certificate (research needed), 100% original pre war  ?  

Here are the School Certificates.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-War Polish Army Officer's three bar Krzyż Walecznych 1920, identity booklet, medal award certificates and school certificate (research needed), 100% original pre war  ?   Pre-War Polish Army Officer's three bar Krzyż Walecznych 1920, identity booklet, medal award certificates and school certificate (research needed), 100% original pre war  ?  

Pre-War Polish Army Officer's three bar Krzyż Walecznych 1920, identity booklet, medal award certificates and school certificate (research needed), 100% original pre war  ?  

Justin,

Apologies I came across this post whilst looking on google, I can confirm that Porucznik Edward Platek was indeed awarded the KW with 3 Bars whilst serving with the 3PPLegion.

He was promoted to Porucznik on the 1st June 1919 in 1924 he was 178th in seniority and in 1934 he was living in Sosnowiec then he was 1341 in seniority.

With regards to Porucznik Stanislaw Kot in 1924 he was serving with the 23PP with 14th in seniority from 1st July 1919 in 1934 he was living in Pulawy his date of birth 5th April 1899 in 1932 he was 150th in seniority.

Best wishes & apologies for the late reply

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Andrzej,

Thank you very much for the very important research information, it is very interesting and helps greatly to understand their service careers, it is a very proud part of my collection, as not many earnt four KWs, especially with his original ID booklet, other medal certificates, Polish Citizenship and school certificates (also another officer's paperwork) kept with his Medal, it is mainly only senior officers who are awarded this many.

Justin

justin1939

Hello Justin,

Many thanks for your post, I have just looked through the 1PPLeg-5PPLeg Histories with regards to the KW and found the following for them:

1PPLeg :KW awarded to 2,018 Officers and Other Ranks this included 486 with 1 Bar, 189 with 2 Bars, 105 with 4 Bars.

2PPLeg : KW awarded to 125 Officers and 634 Other Ranks this included 53 with 1 Bar, 18 with 2 Bars, 6 with 3 Bars

3PPLeg : KW awarded to 204 Officers and 1829 Other Ranks for the 1914-1918 this included 393 with 1 Bar, 324 with 2 Bars, 283 with 3 Bars. for the 1919-1920 48 Officers and 371 Other Ranks awarded KW this included 35 with 1 Bar, 5 with 2 Bars.

4PPLeg : KW awarded to 202 Officers this included 57 with 1 Bar, 36 with 2 Bars, 36 with 3 Bars, Other Ranks awarded KW : 727, 43 with 1 Bar, 76 with 2 Bars, 37 with 3 Bars.

5PPLeg : Unfortunately no information listed.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Justin,

I have done a little more research through the Regimental History's of the Regiments that took part in the War of 1919-1920 to determine Poland's Borders. Some of the Regimental Histories just list the total number of the KW awarded others list the number of Officers, Officer Cadets, Warrant Officers, NCO's and Other Ranks. What I have found so far which might be of interest to you is listed below :

35PP Officers awarded the KW 73 in total Other Ranks 319.

Officers: Awarded the KW with 1 Bar Total 12, with 2 Bars Total 9, with 3 Bars Total 7.

Other Ranks : Awarded the KW with 1 Bar Total 29, with 2 Bars Total 10, with 3 Bars Total 3.

82PP KW awarded to 103 Officers, 2 Officer Cadets, 309 Other Ranks.

Officers Awarded the KW with 1 Bar Total, 14, with 2 Bars Total 5, with 3 Bars Total 8.

Officer Cadets Awarded the KW with 1 Bar Total 1, with 2 Bars Total 1.

Other Ranks Awarded the KW with 1 Bar Total 20, with 2 Bars Total 13, with 3 Bars Total 3.

77PP KW awarded to a total of 29 Officers, 10 Officer Cadets, 5 Warrant Officers and 74 Other Ranks.

Officers Awarded the KW with 1 Bar Total 5, 2 Bars Total 5, 3 Bars Total 4

Officer Cadets awarded the KW with 1 Bar Total 1.

Other Ranks awarded the KW with 1 Bar Total 1, 3 Bars Total 2.

That is what I have been able to find so far.

Best wishes

Andrzej