MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

Another question:
    I want to ask the Panasiuk studio some questions, and sent email to them for some times,but they aren't answer me until now. Anybody knows why?

Hello Everyone,

I came across the following Legitymacja whilst surfing yesterday :

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Legitymacja Numbered : 1568 awarded to Kapitan Stanisław Władysław Maczek

By 1933 and the award of the Legitymacja he had been promoted to Pulkownik and by the end of the war in Europe in 1945 he had been promoted to General of Division.

Virtuti Militari Thread

General Stanisław Władysław Maczek awards held by the PISM in London (showing his Virtuti Militari's and Crosses of Valour)

Virtuti Militari Thread

Some of General Maczek's other awards on display at the PISM in London.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

I came across the following whilst surfing yesterday :

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Legitymacja Numbered : 2562

Awarded to :

Surname : Czaja

Christian Name : Antoni

Date of Birth : 1894

Unit : 1PULK

Also shown on this 1933 Legitymacja photograph are the Cross of Valour (KW), Wołyń Cross with Swords, 1918-1921 War Medal, 10th Anniversary of Independence Medal, Przemyśl Star and the following Badges 1PULK, Eaglets Badge, Legion Badge.

In addition to the Virtuti Militari and the Cross of Valour he was also awarded the Balachowicz Cross of Valour

Virtuti Militari Thread

Balachowicz Cross of Valour Legitymacja numbered : 1254

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Andrzej and Everyone,

Last Saturday I was at the Parish Cemetery in Miedzna, Węgrów district where I found a grave of the November Uprising veteran Michał Jasiński, born 1806, died 12th August 1876.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

As it states on his gravestone he was a Recipient of the Order of Virtuti Militari for participating in the charge at Dębe Wielkie in 1831. I also found in the database of the Central Military Archives name of Private Michał Jasiński as a Recipient of the Virtuti Militari, but unfortunately without given a date of his birth, to verify if this is the same soldier.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Could you be so kind and check in the literature, if he is listed in the Wesołowski or Łukomski, Polak, Suchcitz books or other books with the Virtuti Militari List, as the VM Recipient, please? Maybe there are other details like his date of birth and so on.

Thank you in advance.

Regards
    Konrad

Hello Konrad,

Many thanks for your post, unfortunately the Registers of the Virtuti Militari do not list the Date of Birth, from Wesolowski's Book St. Wachm. Michał Jasiński was awarded the silver cross whilst serving in the 10PUL on the 26th September 1831.

That is all the information that I was able to glean for you Konrad

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hi everyone. I have 3 Virtuti militari. Two of them are pre-war products made of silver. Jan Knedler's products. The third is a mystery to me. In my opinion, it is a product of Jan Knedler, but post-war. Maybe the 1950s. The cross is engraved with the number 126-44. I searched for a long time and it seems to me that it is the Virtuti militari of General Wacław Jacyna, who he received for the Battle of Monte Cassino. What do you think about this Virtuti militari?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Virtuti Militari Thread  

I have a huge request. Please identify this Virtuti militari. Is it a post-war copy? The metal resembles silver. Regards Adrian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Hello Adrian, I agree that this is a post war made cross. As to having been owned by Wacław Jacyna, provenance is key. Without any solid verifiable connection to Jacyna this story will be tough to sell. My first question is why would he have a cross made in Poland after 1945 when he did not return to Poland and settled in Argentina?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Post war copy IMO. The patina does suggest silver, or silver plate. Looks to be a Panasiuk product.

Regards,
    T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi. Thank you for valuable information. As for Jacyne, I have similar feelings. Perhaps it is only the similarity of numbers. Jacyny's Virtuti militari is number 126/44. Here we have the number 126-44. The engraving looks old and old fashioned. Have you encountered the engraving of numbers on Virtuti militari? I also think that Virtuti militari was not produced for everyone. And if it is a post-war follower, it must have belonged to someone. Regards Adrian

Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast