Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

Hi. Thank you for valuable information. As for Jacyne, I have similar feelings. Perhaps it is only the similarity of numbers. Jacyny's Virtuti militari is number 126/44. Here we have the number 126-44. The engraving looks old and old fashioned. Have you encountered the engraving of numbers on Virtuti militari? I also think that Virtuti militari was not produced for everyone. And if it is a post-war follower, it must have belonged to someone. Regards Adrian

Hi. I searched the internet and the book of distinguished Virtuti militari. If the engraved number is considered a sequence of digits 12644, the cross belonged to Captain Stanisław Dudziński. Adrian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread  

Hello Adrian,

Many thanks for your post, just to let you know that Wacław Klemens Jacyna was awarded the Gold Cross VM numbered: 92 and the Silver Cross numbered: 8673.

Kapitan Stanisław Dudziński was awarded the VM with the AK (Home Army).

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thank you very much for your help. I have a private question. I would like to purchase crosses of valor. One is Moscow and the other is from the PSZ in the West. However, I have a problem with assessing their authenticity. In Moscow, the ribbon and slings do not suit me and the PSZ is for "New". Could you help me assess them? Thank you Adrian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Virtuti Militari Thread  

Hello Everyone,

A few more Legitymacja which I came across whilst surfing:

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Legitymacja numbered: 6644 awarded to Plk.Lek. Felicjan Sławoj Składkowski (later General Dyw.)

Originally posted in post number: 579, this one is in colour.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Legitymacja numbered: 3680 awarded to Ul. Józef Garstka

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Legitymacja numbered: 2592 awarded to Ppor. Józef Ostafin

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Legitymacja numbered: 2334 awarded to Szer. Antoni Brzeski

And a face of a recipient

Virtuti Militari Thread

Pulkownik pil. bal. Aleksander Wańkowicz awarded whilst a Pulkownik

Virtuti Militari Thread

Plk.pil.bal. Aleksander Wańkowicz in civilian attire late 1930s

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Adrian,

Many thanks for your post, with reference to the Cross of Valour (PSZ), I am not an expert, hopefully Tony will be able to help you out with this one also not really acquainted with the PRL awards.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hi Andrzej. I didn't buy any of these two crosses. Too much doubt. But I bought the third cross of valor I post photos. Cross bought in the UK. Original in my opinion, but please confirm. The price was hefty.
    Regards Adrian.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

?

What period this order might be?

Hi. I am asking you to identify this VM. Is this a Gontarczyk product? Regards Adrian.Virtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari Thread

?

Quote by Awesomenaut View Post
    Hi Andrzej. I didn't buy any of these two crosses. Too much doubt. But I bought the third cross of valor I post photos. Cross bought in the UK. Original in my opinion, but please confirm. The price was hefty.
    Regards Adrian.
    Hi Adrian,

A very nice Cross of Valour made in the Middle East (1944-1945) on original issue ribbon.
    Get a copy of Grzegorz Krogulec's Krzyż Walecznych. The best reference on the Polish Cross of Valour available. It will help you a lot.

The other Exile Cross of Valour was good but the ribbon was a modern replacement.

Best,
    Kosa

Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast