Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

wz22 zbr4 Kraków bayonet -anomaly

Article about: hello,this my last find,a little tired zbr 4 bayonet with Radom scabbard.what concerns me with this exampe is unnaturally high number taking into account the fact that eagle and producer mar

Default wz22 zbr4 Kraków bayonet -anomaly

hello,this my last find,a little tired zbr 4 bayonet with Radom scabbard.what concerns me with this exampe is unnaturally high number taking into account the fact that eagle and producer marking are placed typical for the early production called ''odwrotka''.i do not kow the highest number that was examined on confirmed originals but personally i saw an litthe higher than 19 k and i,m certain of provenience.In my opinion both -eagle and WP marking are textbook correct for the aerly productiion i saw several almost indentical on examples between the 13k and 15k so personally i belive that they are original.the fonts i think also desent look like a red flag.what are You thought about this one what can caused such anomaly?in literature ''wielki leksykon uzbrojenia tom 88 s30''i saw an informaion that numbering of bayonets was started later after the producion -when the order how to do it was given(24 september 1924).each bayonet was given its own number but after the control -to maintain numbering continuity and this may be the cause when bayonet was under a longer control or some other circumstances and popped up later it must be given the next number in order sometimes among the new style marked bayonets.what do You think about this theory?
    Regards
    pozdrawiam

Edit
    for those who dont know what exactly means ''Odwrotka'' the name was given by he collectors for the first part of production in Krakow the characteristic is that the WP and maker mark are placed in opposite direction than later ones.another important thing that the serial number in case of earlier ones is placed on the crossguard not on the ricasso
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture wz22 zbr4 Kraków bayonet -anomaly   wz22 zbr4 Kraków bayonet -anomaly  

wz22 zbr4 Kraków bayonet -anomaly   wz22 zbr4 Kraków bayonet -anomaly  

Last edited by michal19; 02-10-2023 at 10:43 PM.