Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Cross of Valour - LWP Communist Era

Article about: The Soviet controlled communist government of the People’s Republic of Poland re-instituted the Cross of Valour in 1944. Just as with the original IIRP issues and then with the Polish Armed

Default Re: Cross of Valour - LWP Communist Era

Hi again Tony!
    Thanks for the info!
    I want, nowadays, a '44 cross, i´m starting and it´s a great way to have one. In the future, i´ll look for strange variants.
    Best,
    Daniel

Hi Daniel, here are some pics of genuine '44s, one shown with a typical post war award document.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour - LWP Communist Era   Cross of Valour - LWP Communist Era  

Cross of Valour - LWP Communist Era  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank you very much Tony!!

Panowie.milosnicy Krzyza Walecznych.Polecam ksiazke P.Grzegorza Krogulca--- Krzyz Walecznych

Welcome Grzecho. This is an English language forum so if you wish to post any Polish content please try to also include a translation for the benefit of those with limited or no Polish language skills . . . czyli prosze pisz dalej po polsku ale podaj takze przetlumaczenie na jezyka angielskiego.

The Krogulec book remains the main reference source and has been heavily referenced in the threads devoted to this decoration in the separate Polish militaria sections of this forum. It would be great to see an updated and revised copy of this book with good quality photographs. The perfect model would be the superb Zbigniew Krotke effort devoted to the Cross of Merit. My understanding is that Mr. Krogulec has no plans for a revised copy, so we will all have to remain patient until someone takes the baton.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

"Wałęsowski" from 1992. Mennica Państwowa
    Last type of Cross of Valour.
    Krogulec: L25
    This Cross have copy too
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour - LWP Communist Era  

Hi Tomek, yes, the counterfeiters have already gotten to the current post communist era issue (with the 1920 date rightfully restored). Not to upstage you, here's my example with issue packaging. I see that the ribbon ring on yours is not soldered - perhaps a more recent production cross??

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour - LWP Communist Era  

?

Hi Antoni.
    not seen a lot of these crosses, but in the book Krogulca is not soldered too /site243 and 250/. Maybe user modification or Mennica?
    BTW nice set
    Last edited by Tomek; 10-16-2017 at 10:21 AM.

?

Cross made in Caritas 1946-50, with documents

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2