Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)

Article about: Wanna show you the Nóż wz. 55/56 - fighting knife M 55/56 of the Para´s of Poland. maker 11 - Radom BTW, the "father" of this knife is the soviet WWII NR40

Default Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)

Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)

Wanna show you the Nóż wz. 55/56 - fighting knife M 55/56 of the Para´s of Poland.

maker 11 - Radom

BTW, the "father" of this knife is the soviet WWII NR40

Default Re: Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)

I like the look of those Reibert thanks for showing.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

So do I. (If I dare say it, better than the Soviet original. )

Cheers, Ade.

Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)
    Quote by ez1969 View Post
    I like the look of those Reibert thanks for showing.

Eric
    You´re welcome, Eric !

Here´s an early wz.55.

Obviously they´re still wanted !

Polish Fighting Knife

I´m pretty interested if the "Nóż szturmowy Wojska Polskiego wz. 55" solely was issued in polish Para units, or, also in other units of the Polish Armed Forces !

Is there anybody out there having further informations ? ...

As far, as I, (meanwhile), know, the Nóż szturmowy Wojska Polskiego wz.55 also was introduced in polish police units, also, AFAIK, in an special unit of the polish border guard.

I also heard, this pattern combat knife is still in use in the polish armed forces as a, private purchased, sidearm.

Rumors say, the wz.55. also was introduced in units of the border police of the, former, GDR.

The Wz.55. was manufactured by Fabryka Broni "Łucznik" Radom ( Państwowe Zakłady Metalowe Łucznik ).
    Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)

?

The serial range is probably important to look for, i assume the 1955 date is reported only the K range??, same as the haenger is riveted to body, which should be looked for proper stabile non movable fixing of haenger on scabbard body, is possible this was a paradesant version? The ranges of single prefix letter are for 20000 pcs.
    There exist similar fitting few pcs in N and W range with same type of fixing on scabbard body.
    The 1956 date confirms letter A,B, M, N, R, W and in 1957 is reported letter Z. All of these scabbard used a removable leather hanger, 2 small slings on body of scabbard. When the ammount by 20000 pcs is per each letter range would be about 140000 pcs which are certainly not for special/parachute units only. More real used in army as field knife. Should be looked probably to the polish book.
    Last edited by AndyB; 03-20-2023 at 08:28 AM.

Hi, mates,
    Some time ago I received such a Polish combat knife again.

The knife shows clear signs of wear and it was obviously resharpened in the field.

All in all, this is a relatively well-preserved, matching-numbered combat knife from the Polish airborne troops.

For newcomers in the field of combat knives and utility knives of the (former), Warsaw Treaty Organization (also known as the Warsaw Pact), it is no longer very easy to find such a "wz.55." recognizable as an original, because knives of this kind, (as well as the Polish cord cutter knife "WP.D"), are copied relatively close to the originals, i.e. are reproduced for the collectors' market.

Before you buy such a knife, please first have a look at the relevant technical articles and pay attention to the details !

Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)Nóż szturmowy wz. 55. (wz.56.)