Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

PRL fake medals

Article about: Hi again "Tom", Thanks for the scans. Clearly the author is identifying copies here. In the case of the communist era VM medal on page 334 he identifies this as a copy made by &quo

Hi again "Tom",

Thanks for the scans. Clearly the author is identifying copies here. In the case of the communist era VM medal on page 334 he identifies this as a copy made by "J. Panasiuk by order of Max Purgala". On the following page is " the most well known copy made for collectors in three classes". I see that he employs selective use of translations into German, Russian and English. In typical Stela fashion he uses an abbreviated method of identifying various characteristics, in this case denoted A, B, C, D, etc, that requires you refer to a legend. This appears to be a very helpful reference.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks Tony,
    I had doubts because sometimes we use "copy" as a good item, made for veterans to wear it and that stuff, and sometimes we use it with the meaning of fake.
    About the book, I was wondering that it has more english, but almost all book is in polish, except some data that is in 4 languages. Thats a pitty! But well, I´ll learn polish jajaja
    About A,B,C... yes, in the first pages there is the legend of them, so it´s easier to find the information.
    I´ll investigate more this book and learn with it.
    Thanks for your help!

Regards,
    Daniel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2