Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Virtuti Militari Lenino

Article about: Hey everyone, I ran into this medal today in am antique shop and it's one I haven't seen before. As usual, English information is scarce online and I am on a trip so I am without reference b

Default Virtuti Militari Lenino

Hey everyone, I ran into this medal today in an antique shop and it's one I haven't seen before. As usual, English information is scarce online and I am on a trip so I am without reference books. Can anyone lend some insight and history to these awards? And an approx value? Thanks!

The ''Zasłużonym na Polu Chwały Lenino'' Medal (Medal for Merit on the Field of Glory).

ODM of the People's Republic of Poland: Medal for Merit on the Field of Glory

We're not a valuation service, but now that you're armed with this info hit the web and you'll find plenty of sales results.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

That's not the same variation I posted, though.

You're welcome.

I don't collect communist era militaria, otherwise I'd be more than happy to provide more help. Other members may still chime in. In the interim, however, you have been given the basic information identifying the medal. Now it's up to you to do the grunt work of researching the variants produced, and determining is this is a genuine piece or a copy. The web is packed with information, and there are several good Polish-English auto-translators. Roll up the sleeves and get to work.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne