Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for info on field artillery

Article about: Hello all! I am trying to do some research on the polish field artillery but, haven't had much luck... I am hoping to find, specifically, information about the 201st polish field artillery.

Default Looking for info on field artillery

Hello all! I am trying to do some research on the polish field artillery but, haven't had much luck... I am hoping to find, specifically, information about the 201st polish field artillery.

I purchased a 201st artillery badge for my dad for fathers day. He is actually in the 201st field artillery in the United States, a huge history buff, and his grandparents immigrated to the U.S. from Poland. I thought this would be a great gift especially if I can find any history about the group.

The farthest I have gotten is they are from WWII... I unfortunately keep getting the American field artillery results when I am searching so hoping there is some knowledge floating around about them here!

Here is a photo of the badge. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Looking for info on field artilleryLooking for info on field artillery

Hello RagingRedCock,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, here is a link below the Regiment was established in 1920, 201 ochotniczy pułk artylerii polowej

Dywizja Ochotnicza (II RP) – Wikipedia, wolna encyklopedia.

Also posted some more photographs of the Badge including the reverse :

According to the Sawicki and Wielechowski book on Polish Badges from 1918-1945, the Badge was produced by one jeweller/manufacturer in Warsaw and that was Stanisław Lipczyński.

Hopefully some of the other more well informed members of the Forum will add their comments.

Best wishes to your Father and once again RagingRedCock Welcome to the Forum.

Andrzej