Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1 Krechowiecki Lancers Regiment Badge

Article about: Good day This was the first Polish badge I ever bought. From a Professor who advertises on ebay. I have always assumed that I was ripped off but because it is heading back to ebay I thought

Default Re: 1 Krechowiecki Lancers Regiment Badge

I think we both agree the Picchiani & Barlacchi was one of the finest makers of Polish award badges and often used as the pattern for others whose products fall well short of the originals.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Amen. Fine craftsmanship evident in all of their products for the Poles of the 2nd Corps stationed in Italy. Still in business today. Here’s some interesting material from the historical section of their website:

History | Picchiani e Barlacchi

Quote by Picchiani & Barlacchi View Post
    The excellent quality of Picchiani & Barlacchi’s items was acknowledged by the authorities of that period and Signor Barlacchi had no problems obtaining orders from high places, notwithstanding his personal political opinions. In fact, Picchiani & Barlacchi supplied all the decorations and badges for the Italian troops engaged in the AOI campaign, and the badges for the Italian Sportsmen who participated in the Olympic Games in Berlin in 1936. Signor Barlacchi was also invited to accompany the athletes. Picchiani & Barlacchi also produced the metal wedding rings which replaced the gold ones “donated” to the Homeland . Two special steel wedding rings finely embossed and engraved were created and consigned personally to King Vittorio Emanuele III and Benito Mussolini. During the hard years of the Second World War Picchiani & Barlacchi experienced the same difficulties as many other businesses, but Ragionier Barlacchi skillfully avoided the closure, ever temporary, of the factory, and managed to guarantee work the employees.

After the 8th September 1943 a new threat descended on Picchiani & Barlacchi. The German Military Command to whom the production of the factory was well known, planned to transfer the entire workshop including the workers to the north or worse to Germany. Once again Ragionier. Barlacchi managed to save the situation by convincing the Germans that the production would maintain its high quality only if it remained in Florence. When the war ended business began to flourish once again in the new climate of freedom.
    Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1 Krechowiecki Lancers Regiment Badge   1 Krechowiecki Lancers Regiment Badge  

1 Krechowiecki Lancers Regiment Badge   1 Krechowiecki Lancers Regiment Badge  

1 Krechowiecki Lancers Regiment Badge   1 Krechowiecki Lancers Regiment Badge  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Great link Tony! the website has some fascinating video demonstrating the manufacturing process from design to finished article. Thanks for sharing!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Here is the rear of another badge. Again the spinner comes from the same cracked die and the fine detailing of the claws is distinct.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1 Krechowiecki Lancers Regiment Badge  

And the front of the above badge - is it as nice as it looks?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1 Krechowiecki Lancers Regiment Badge  

?

Hello guys.

I have found this one on the Internet, but as I have no idea about this badge I don't know if it is an original one or a fake.
    Still not knowing if it is original, it is very beautiful.

Any comment about this badge would be very appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Copy. Compare to the above in thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2