Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1st Independent Polish Paratroopers No 2. Uniform?

Article about: Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I recently came into possession of this coat, that i believe to be a British made No 2. Uniform for the 1st Independent Polish Paratroopers/Airborne.

Default 1st Independent Polish Paratroopers No 2. Uniform?

Hi everyone, this is my first post here.
    I recently came into possession of this coat, that i believe to be a British made No 2. Uniform for the 1st Independent Polish Paratroopers/Airborne. With the rank of Lieutenant. There is 1 button missing, (two in the picture, but it has been re-attached) Is there anyway to confirm if it is authentic or a reproduction? What a value might be? Or where one could get the missing pieces to complete it?
    Thanks for the help in advance!!

Hi Ryan, welcome to the forum!

It looks good to me. We need to know the maker of the buttons in order to help.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Looks good ...... Check the inside pocket for a makers label and possibly an inked name !

Thank's guys. The buttons have "London, England" stamped on the back, along with some other text I can not read at this time

The Tag has "Edinburgh, Glasgow, London. Along with a name what appears to be some numbers and a date! I will post a photo when I get home and get my macro lens

Hello Ryan,

Agreed with Gary and Ade. The uniform ticks all the right boxes. I'm looking forward to seeing the info on the tailor's label.

Quote by Ryan Wong View Post
    Thank's guys. The buttons have "London, England" stamped on the back, along with some other text I can not read at this time
    Very likely to be from one of these two makers. There were other button producers, but Gaunt and Firmin were the most widely used.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Yes I can make out & Son on the rear of the buttons

Also, here is the only tag I can find, it is located in the inside pocket on the right side.

Looks like Lt Budziak, Marcin, Para Badge # 0605.

Thanks for the info everyone. I appreciate it.

You're most welcome Ryan. Congratulations on a very nice addition to your collection. I might have a couple of extra buttons that I could spare. Where in BC do you live?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast