MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

4th armrd reg

Article about: Oops! Wrong Jankowski. Should have read VM, KPMC, MW, 2Sz. My apologies!

Default Re: 4th armrd reg

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Phone book entry from 1979: there are other preceeding ones, but this is the last one:

Name: J Gach

Address: 12 Andover Close, Greenford, Middlesex
    Thanks for providing yet more information...very much appreciated. Once the death certificate arrives I can go from there, armed with the rest of the information you have given me
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Wow! A remarkably small world indeed!

Tom, The Chrobry I vet you mention from Chicago who knew Jerzy Gach, is he still around? I would very much like to contact him and any of the others who might be able to tell me a little more about Jerzy Gach and their story together.

I guess the most important thing (from my point of view) would be to try and establish if the Jerzy Gach they knew is the same Jerzy Gach that enlisted in 4th Skorpion Regiment and became one of my late father's best buddies.
    The Chicago vet took part in the Warsaw Uprising, though not in the Batalion Chrobry I. He met Mr Gach while serving with the Polish Resettlement Corps. They became good buddies and came together to Warsaw for Warsaw Uprising anniversaries since the '90s. That's how he made friends with Chrobry I vets.
    I'm meeting Chrobry I vets on Monday to get some information on Mr Gach. I'll let you know about the results of my historical recon.

Regards,
    Tom

Quote by Thomas the Tank Engine View Post
    I'm meeting Chrobry I vets on Monday to get some information on Mr Gach. I'll let you know about the results of my historical recon.
    Cheers Tom
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Simon Gach
    ?

Hi ...I was searching the net and came across this site by accident. My Father was Jerzy Gach of 12 Andover Close, Greenford

Hi Simon, and welcome!

Was your Dad the correct soldier whom we have been talking about?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Simon Gach
    ?

Thumbs up Re: 4th armrd reg

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Simon, and welcome!

Was your Dad the correct soldier whom we have been talking about?

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade

Yes that soldier was my Father...Jerzy Gach, he sadly died in Sudbury hill in 2005.

I have informed 4thscorpion that the man he thought was a pic of my father was Not , but that in another group picture it does show him. So right group but wrong man.

Afraid i have little of his left , but i do have all his badges and medals and i also sent some writtings that he did before his death via another army friend to the Warsaw musem. These were his memories of the uprising..

Regards

Simon Gach

Thanks for the update Simon

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4