Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Authentic Polish ID Bracelets?

Article about: Attachment 1540636 Sorry about the mass photos but I really liked these ID bracelets and I really wanted to know if they’re authentic or not. I really don’t wanna waste my money so I wan

Question Authentic Polish ID Bracelets?

Attachment 1540636Authentic Polish ID Bracelets?Authentic Polish ID Bracelets?Authentic Polish ID Bracelets?Authentic Polish ID Bracelets?Authentic Polish ID Bracelets?Authentic Polish ID Bracelets?Authentic Polish ID Bracelets?Authentic Polish ID Bracelets?Authentic Polish ID Bracelets?Authentic Polish ID Bracelets?Authentic Polish ID Bracelets?

Sorry about the mass photos but I really liked these ID bracelets and I really wanted to know if they’re authentic or not. I really don’t wanna waste my money so I wanna be sure before I do. I’d really appreciate any help

Hello Shellshocker,

Many thanks for your post, I have managed to trace information on one of the owners of the Bracelets that was Jerzy Gostkiewicz

Surname : Gostkiewicz

Christian Name : Jerzy

Date of Birth : 23rd February 1897

Place of Birth : Warszawa (Warsaw)

Fathers Name : Emil

Army Number : 1897-11-III

Pre 1939 he was promoted to Porucznik (Lieutenant) on the 1st June 1919 he was 13th in seniority and was serving in the 5th Motorised Squadron, during the wars of 1918-1921 to establish Polands Border he was awarded the Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych).

By the September 1939 Campaign he had been promoted to Kapitan (1st January 1935 and was 5th in seniority) he had also been awarded the Cross of Independence (Krzyż Niepodległości) and the Silver Cross of Merit (Srebrny Krzyż Zasługi), he was by then serving in the 7 Baon Pancerny (7th Armoured Battalion).

By September 1939 he was the Officer in charge of Mobilization for the Battalion.

I could not find any further information on him during WW2, but I did find further information in 1956 :

London Gazette, Issue Number : 40806, Page : 3502 Dated : 15th June 1956

Authentic Polish ID Bracelets?

Entry for the award of British Citizenship to Jerzy Gostkiewicz on the 27th April 1956.

Jerzy (George) Gostkiewicz died in 1977 in Merton, Surrey

with regards to the other bracelets I could not make the name out on the Polish Airforce one, if you let me know the name I will do some research for you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

I really appreciate it that’s a lot of info! I’m not too worried about the others so it’s fine you weren’t able to get them. I really appreciate it thank you so much!