Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Article about: Dear friends, I would like to propose posting a new thread with regards to the Krzyz Waleczny or Cross of Valour. i love this medal it is a personal favourite of mine. What i hope hope to ac

Agreed with Tomek, you really should invest in the Krogulec book. If you’re serious about collecting these then the first step should be to gain knowledge before spending money.

Also, I recommend that you read through this entire thread. All of these three common crosses are covered, some more than once. Study your crosses and then look through the thread to identify them and read what is said. In this manner you will train your eye to spot these crosses immediately, and also to differentiate the good from the bad.

The crosses you have pictured are from left to right, with Krog. Cat #’s:
    25 – British made veterans replacement cross; never officially issued by the government
    19 – earliest British made cross; awarded officially
    23 – made for 2nd Corps (and possibly 3rd Corps) by Samuel Kreschmer of Jerusalem; awarded officially

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Gentlemen,

Spink Krog. #20? And what about the ribbon?

Many thanks for your opinion,
    Konrad
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

?

Ribbon is not from Spink.

Agreed with Tomek, the ribbon is not original issue. From the looks of it, one of the newly made ‘hook & eye’ replacements being sold on allegro and ebay.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

As I thought.

Thank you, Gentlemen.

Regards,
    Konrad

Gentlemen,

Are both these crosses a Krogulec type #20?

Thank you in advance,
    Konrad
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

?

You have everything in the auction house description.

I'm just wondering about the different suspension of this both crosses...

Default Help identify Crosses of Valour

Hello,

I would like to ask you to help me to identify my Crosses of Valour.
    I was told that the first is a cross that was given for soldiers of Lenino battle and the second is the "Palestinian" type but the ribbon is new and the hitch was broken and not original one was welded. Are they genuine? Anyone can help, please.

Regards
    Botmalin

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Quote by conrado View Post
    I'm just wondering about the different suspension of this both crosses...
    Same cross with production variation in the suspension tang.

Regards,
    Tony

Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast