Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Article about: Dear friends, I would like to propose posting a new thread with regards to the Krzyz Waleczny or Cross of Valour. i love this medal it is a personal favourite of mine. What i hope hope to ac

Dear Tony,

Please accept my apologies but I ask about the crosses as a layman and I completely don't understand your answer.

Regards
    Botmalin

Hello Botmalin. No need to apologize. I am saying that both crosses are identical except for the part that holds the ribbon ring - the small metal tang on top that is bent over. It is longer on one cross. This is a small difference from final stage of manual finishing when the tang end is trimmed.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank you Tony for the comprehensive answer for my pretty old question.

Botmalin asked his question that you probably missed out: Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Regards
    Konrad

Quote by Botmalin View Post
    Hello, I would like to ask you to help me to identify my Crosses of Valour.
    I was told that the first is a cross that was given for soldiers of Lenino battle and the second is the "Palestinian" type but the ribbon is new and the hitch was broken and not original one was welded. Are they genuine? Anyone can help, please.
    Regards, Botmalin
    Attachment 1392468Attachment 1392466Attachment 1392464
    The cross with 1943 date is a cast copy. The other cross is one of two types made in Palestine. The photo is too weak to comment on authenticity. In addition to the suspension loop and ribbon, the ribbon ring is also not original.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Thank you very much. I mentioned in the previous post that in the type made in Palestine the suspension was missing and welded recently not original one. I am attaching a better photograph and I am asking for re-identification.
    Regards
    Botmalin

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Hi again, the cross looks better in this photo, as does the ribbon ring. Is the ribbon ring soldered? Like this:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Hi,
    The suspension loop, ribbon ring and ribbon, all are not original. They were missing. There was only the cross. I would like to ask you for identification of the cross only.
    Regards
    Botmalin

?

Hello I have a citation for a polish Air Force medal from ww2 and am looking for the medal found this one for sale but have no idea if it’s an original example could anyone on here please advise regards Adrian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

?

Sorry just realised I have posted this on a tread for the cross of valour 😣

Hi Adrian, this is not an original issue medal. Rather, it appears to be a Bialkiewicz reproduction.

Regards,
    Tony

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast