Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Article about: Dear friends, I would like to propose posting a new thread with regards to the Krzyz Waleczny or Cross of Valour. i love this medal it is a personal favourite of mine. What i hope hope to ac

?

For comment a cross i bought along time ago,is this an exile type ?Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Hello Colin,

Many thanks for your post, the cross shown is an Exile made KW by Spink and Son, with the original silk ribbon, nice find.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Many thanks andzrej

Hello,
    I've found a photo in the web with a set of decorations belonging to Antoni Mentlak, who was my uncle's colleague in the the Polish Special Duties Squadron 138 - 1586 (301 Squadron) with the base in Tempsford, England, and then Brundisi in Italy and had similar military service record as my unkle Stanisław Gojdź. I think that certainly he was also decorated in Brindisi. The author of the photograph informed me that the cross of valor is a "grupa techniczna" type. What is your opinion as experts.Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

I am really sorry for asking but I have been waiting since June for the reply. Is anyone there to answer me.

Hello Botmalin,

Many thanks for your post, do you have a close up photograph because from the one posted it is hard to say for sure whether it is a Spink and Son KW or a Samuel Kretschmer of Jerusalem produced KW.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Botmalin,

Many thanks for your post, do you have a close up photograph because from the one posted it is hard to say for sure whether it is a Spink and Son KW or a Samuel Kretschmer of Jerusalem produced KW.

Best wishes

Andrzej
    The photos are from Facebook by Nick Lugowski.Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types
    Best regards
    Botmalin

Hello Botmalin,

Many thanks for your post and the new photographs, unfortunately the KW is not one of my forte's, it does look like a UK produced KW, but I would wait for a reply from one of the other Forum Members to confirm who produced this type of KW.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello Botmalin

This variant of Cross of Valor was manufactured in Great Britain from 1944 to 1945. Indeed some say the maker was London based Grupa Techniczna but there is no evidence to suggest that Grupa Techniczna made it. According to Grzegorz Krogulec, the author of Krzyż Walecznych by Oficyna Wydawnicza Ajaks 1998, it is type 24a. Hope this helps.

Best,

Kosa

?

Default K w miniture looks period

Hello all,mini for commentCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast