Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Fathers war records

Article about: I am trying to find information about my father Pawel Zawadzki who served with 10 Baon Saperow in ww2,I have his service records from the MOD but it does not say where he served.He said that

pollybelle
    ?

Default Fathers war records

I am trying to find information about my father Pawel Zawadzki who served with 10 Baon Saperow in ww2,I have his service records from the MOD but it does not say where he served.He said that he was at Monte Cassino but would not talk about his experiences so I have little information about him during that time.I wondered if he was awarded the Monte Cassino Cross any help would be welcome.
    Thanks

Hello Pollybelle,

May I first of all welcome you to the Forum. with regards to your Fathers service in the 10 Baon Saperow, I have found a Zawadzki listed for the Battalion but unfortunately the one listed was Saper Sergiusz Zawadzki, Born in 1915, Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1915-57-III, awarded the MCC Numbered : 39659.

With regards to the information obtained from the M-o-D, when requesting the information did you ask for all records of service that they had both English and Polish.

The information should have dates and place of service and any awards.

Apologies for not being able to help you further, although there are a couple of list's that I will check to see if your Father is listed.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Pollybelle,

I have checked the index of victims of soviet repression and although there are a number of Zawadzki's listed unfortunately no Pawel's are listed, I have also checked the list of families with relatives serving in the Polish Forces but could not find any information on your Father.

I will keep looking for you.

Best wishes

Andrzej