Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Find information to Polish soldiers

Article about: Hello Everyone; for a project in remembrance of the 75th liberation year of the city Roeselare (Roulers) in Flandres, i am looking for information about the 8 fallen soldiers that gave their

Default Find information to Polish soldiers

Hello Everyone;

for a project in remembrance of the 75th liberation year of the city Roeselare (Roulers) in Flandres,
    i am looking for information about the 8 fallen soldiers that gave their lives during the liberation battle.
    In the best case i hope to find a photograph of them.
    Any information is very welcome and i hope to find the different ways to as much information as possible.

Many thanx in advance and i hope you can help me out !

Kind regards,
    Pieter.

TMZ
    ?

Do you have any names or which cemetery they are buried? Date of the battle?

Date of the battle; 7/8 september 1944

Names;

-Stefan Kiedos - 9th battalion

-Jan Kowerko - 8th battalion

-Zenon Maszynski - 9th battalion

-Czeslaw Melkowski (Czeslaw Kaminki) - 9th battalion

-Wiktor Stanek (Wiktor Adamczyk)- 9th battalion

-Rajmund Stawicki - 9th battalion

-Pawel Stebel (Pawel Koziol)- 9th battalion

-Tadeusz Wloch - 1st motorized artillery regiment

Shortly after the liberation, they where buried on the cemetery from Roeselare;
    later re-buried on the Polish cemetery in Lommel-Belgium.

Hello Pieter,

Many thanks for your post I have been able to find the following information for you on the 8 Soldiers :

1) Kapral Tadeusz Jan Włoch, Born 10th June 1922 in Stryj, Killed 7th September 1944 Grave : III-B-1

2) St. Strz. Stebel Paweł pseud Kozioł Paweł, Born 2nd February 1911 in Górna Leszna, Killed 8th September 1944 Grave : III-B-2

3) Kapral Stawicki Rajmund, Born 22nd August 1914 in Ciążeń, Killed 7th September 1944 Grave : III-B-4

4) St. Strz. Stanek Wiktor pseud Wiktor Adamczyk, Born 3rd September 1921 in Rybna, Killed 7th September 1944 Grave III-B-5

5) Strz. Melkowski Czesław pseud Kamiński Czesław, Born 30th July 1926 in Mileszewy, Killed 7th September 1944 Grave III-B-8

6) Chor. Maszyński Zenon, Born 22nd December 1897 in Kolonii Ząbkowska, Killed 7th September 1944 Grave III-B-6

7) Sierz. Kowerko Jan, Born 28th March 1910 in Żmigród, Killed 10th September 1944 Grave III-B-3

8) Plut Kiedos Stefan, Born 24th October 1906 in Lisowiec Działoszyn, Killed 7th September 1944 Grave III-B-7

Hope this helps

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thank you again Andrzej for your help !!
    This is already a great help, yes.

For Kowerko Jan i can add that he was wounded on 8th september close to the station of Roeselare; and died from his injuries in the hospital on the 10th september.

Also there was one of the soldiers who was protsestant from relegion. Is it possible to find out who this is?

Any further help or a possible way to it is much appreciated and welcome

Hello Pieter,

Many thanks for your post, unfortunately no joy in finding out who was the Protestant among the 8 soldiers that you asked about.

I have found the following which I hope you do not mind me posting here.

Grave of Plut.Stefan Kiedos, Service Number 8204 Unit 9BS. Killed at the corner Blekerijstraat

Grave of St Strz. Paweł Stebel, Service Number 35280-183-I Unit 9BS. wounded at Molenstraat-Abselstraat on 7th Died of wounds on 8th September 1944.

Grave of Sierz. Jan Kowerko, Service Number 26595, Unit 9BS.

Grave of Chor. Zenon Maszyński, Service Number 22417, Unit 9BS.

Grave of Strz. Czesław Melkowski, 9BS.

Grave of St Strz. Wiktor Stanek, Service Number 32944-25-I, Unit 9BS. Killed at the corner Kattenstraat-Mergaertstraat.

Grave of Kpr. Rajmund Stawicki, Service Number 9682, Unit 9BS, Killed at the corner of Molenstraat-Groenestraat.

Grave of Kpr. Tadeusz Jan Włoch, Service Number 645-1-I, Unit 1 P.A.Mot.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thank you so much again for your effort Andrzej!

On the excact spots where the Polish soldiers killed there is now a tile applied in the sidewalk. If there is anyone in the region, i can guide them to it. Will post photographs in the future of them.

*Jan Kowerko was wounded at the station on the 7th, and later died from his injuries on the 10th september.

*Zenon Maszynski was killed at the corner of the Groenestraat and Molenstraat

*Czeslaw Melkowski was killed on the corner of the Alfons Carlierstraat and Groenestraat

*Tadeusz Wloch was killed at the Oostnieuwkerksesteenweg nearby the koortskapel (this is a chapel)

Thank you again for the photographs Andrzej!

Is there any official way for information?

Kind regards,
    Pieter.

Hello Pieter,

Many thanks for your reply, if you require more information, then the best course of action would be to write to the Polish Ambassador in Belgium asking for his help and state exactly what further information you require.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thank you very much Andrzej! This information and help are enormously important and valuable to me .
    I keep this post open and will upgrade it when i have new information .

Kindest regards,

Pieter.