Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

flagpole top

Article about: Hello guys ,Heres my flagpole top to have a look at ,i posted it on the forum sometime ago but car,nt find any info or pics about it .Paul a

?

Default flagpole top

Hello guys ,Heres my flagpole top to have a look at ,i posted it on the forum sometime ago but car,nt find any info or pics about it .Paul a
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture flagpole top   flagpole top  

Default Re: flagpole top

Quote by paul a View Post
    Hello guys ,Heres my flagpole top to have a look at ,i posted it on the forum sometime ago but car,nt find any info or pics about it .Paul a
    Hello Paul

seems Austro-Hungarian to me, but I'm no expert.

Jean

?

Hello Jean .At first i thought it was something along those lines but people seem to think its polish i,m none the wiser ,hope someone can help.Paul

?

Definitely Polish !

Gary J.

I believe it is Polish also. I wish Ade was around, he is very good with these.

?

Thanks guys

Chiming in late to say that it definitely appears to be a Polish national eagle with a design reminiscent of the earlier 2nd Republic pattern. Nice item Paul, and thanks for sharing this with with us.

Regards,
    Tony

flagpole top
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

3mk
    ?

Agreed its Polish, Tony`s right about it being from the 2nd RP.

Ill try looking around to see if I have any photos of these ontop of flag poles.

Nice piece

?

Thanks again,Iwill have to look on the net see if i can get some pics of it in use .Paul

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Agreed its Polish, Tony`s right about it being from the 2nd RP.
    Hi Emil,

I am not actually saying that it is from the IIRP period, only that it bears some resemblance to the early IIRP pattern national eagle. But it may very well date from that period, although I do not know.

It also has some resemblance to this eagle which is supposedly of US production and was used by US based patriotic associations located in the mid west eastern states around WW1.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture flagpole top   flagpole top  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast