Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

help identify polish soldiers

Article about: I ask for help to find the names of these 3dsk soldiers

Hello. I am looking for information about Jan Mandziak, son of Władysława and Aniela birth. April 13, 1914, probably in Przemyśl, province Lviv. Senior shooter registry number 75 / III. I know that in the years 46-47 letters came from, among others of Qassasin. The photos also show Khaki Drill in the desert uniform, so he probably served in the 2nd Corps. On one of the documents there is a license to drive armored vehicles, including tanks and military cars, which was signed by the technical officer of the 2nd Tank Brigade. Are you able to help me faind everythink about Jan?

Hello frystylez,

If you will post the photos of what you have, we will try to help.

I have searched in the index of repressioned by soviets but without any luck.

Regards
    Konrad

Hello frystylez,

Many thanks for your post, I have also searched through the Register of Recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross, Kresy-Siberia wall of tribute, and the Polish Army Records site all without out luck in finding anything listed for St.Strz. Jan Mandziak, 1914-75-III.

Your best cause of action to obtain his service record would be to click on the link below :

Get a copy of military service records: Apply for the records of someone who's deceased - GOV.UK

The Service Records of the 2nd Corps are held by the British Ministry of Defence, they do charge for this service, be sure to ask for copies of all records that they hold otherwise you will just receive a one or two page letter with a brief outline of his service.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thank you very much for help. All I have are these photos. Looking at the information, it seems to me that the 3rd Corps was stationed in Quassasin in 1946help identify polish soldiershelp identify polish soldiers help identify polish soldiershelp identify polish soldiers

Good morning !
    I'm looking for an answer! Who is in the photo (poor quality scan - this is what I received) Where was this photo taken, surely Italy and an Italian family?
    Thank you for the information - best regards !!!help identify polish soldiers

Hello Militor,

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the Forum, it looks as if the 2 soldiers on the left of the photograph might be Polish it is hard to confirm either way because of the poor quality of the scanned photograph. I would agree that it was taken in Italy, also the fifth from the right might be wearing a Forage Cap, it is just to bad a photograph to be able to accurately confirm everything.

Once again Welcome to the Forum

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Militor,

I can add that in the background of the photo is the GM C15TA armored truck designed and manufactured in Canada during the 2nd World War, serving as an armored personnel carrier. The truck was produced in 1943-1944, so the photo was taken after 1943, in Italy I think.

help identify polish soldiers

Units of the 2nd Polish Corps had them at their disposal, mainly the 15th Poznań Lancers Regiment and the 2nd Artillery Group.

It can therefore be assumed that the soldiers in the photo belonged to one of these two units. Moreover the 2nd from the left soldier has a black beret and white belt that were both characteristic for the armoured regiments of the 2nd Corps.

Regards
    Konrad

Hello!
    The photo was probably taken on August 1, 1944 in Chiaravalle or Castelferretti (Ancona). Modest knowledge.
    Best wishes !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3