Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Monte Cassino Cross

Article about: Can anyone help me find out who was originally awarded a monte cassino cross with with serial number 7 079. Thanks for your help.

Hello Krakow1,

Many thanks for your post when awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 28425 the Recipients details were as follows :

Surname : Tokarz

Christian Name : Teofil

Date of Birth : 1909

Army Number : 1909-38-III

Unit : 5KWarszt. (5th Workshop Company) 5KDP.

I can go one better and post the following photographs for you.

Monte Cassino Cross

Medal Group obverse (the Defence Medal has been mount showing the reverse side of the Medal)

Monte Cassino Cross

Medal Group reverse (the Defence Medal has been mounted showing the obverse side of the Medal).

Hope that all helps.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. click on the photographs to enlarge in a new page

Hello Everyone,

With regards to my previous posts Numbered 247 & 248, with reference to the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 29187 and awarded to St. Sierz. Leonard Jaworski, P4Panc, the cross is now for sale on Allegro :

Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross

The one thing that I noticed was the colour of the suspension ring, could be a possible replacement.

Link to the web page is below :

Krzyż Monte Cassino PSZ 4 Pułk Pancerny Skorpion 9557414343 - Allegro.pl

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

A couple more Monte Cassino Crosses for sale on Allegro :

The first one refers to Konrads Post numbered 243 :

Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 27980 awarded to Sierz Jan Ajszpur, 1902-21-III, Unit : 16KZaop.

Krzyż Monte Cassino PSZ 16 Kompania Zaopatrywania 9531984728 - Allegro.pl

Then the second Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 31593

Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross

Awarded to Strz. Władysław Kopek, 1907-208-III, Unit : 9KZ.

Licytacja - Krzyż Monte Cassino maj 1944 - Pleszew - Allegro Lokalnie

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hey everyone!

after some more digging around, we found some more pictures from N°10 Commando, some of which are stamped by the Polish Army Film Unit. It looks like they come from the same batch of pictures and films that were done in Wales in 1943. Another batch looks like they're from the Podhale Rifles Brigade's return from Norway. The last picture is a great group picture of the whole N°10 Commando.

I'll post them all here, I hope they won't get all messed up sideways, if so please feel free to edit my post.

Monte Cassino Cross
    Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross
    Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross
    Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross
    Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross
    Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross
    Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross
    Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross
    Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross
    Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross
    Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross
    Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino Cross

Hello Fran,

Many thanks for your post I can add a little bit of information on 2 of the photographs that you posted :

Monte Cassino Cross

French Air Force General V. Denain attending the presentation of the Standard to the Independent Podhale Rifle Brigade at Malestroit 10th April 1940.

Monte Cassino Cross

Scotland 9th December 1940, presentation of Decorations to the Podhale Rifle Brigade for the Norway Campaign.

(I have numbered the Officers in the photograph)

1) General Karl Gustav Fleischer (Norwegian Army) about to receive the Virtuti Militari Silver Cross.

2) Commander in Chief of Polish Forces General Sikorski

3) Commander of the 1st Polish Corps General Kukiel

4) Major Bortnowski C-in-C Staff.

5) Pplk. Onacewicz

6) General Regulski

I hope that the above is of some use and help to you Fran, please accept my apologies if you already knew the above information.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Thank you for the details Andrzej, on point as per usual!

I'd never heard of General Denain, and his wikipedia page didn't mention his activities during the war. I've looked further and it seems he had retired to Algeria in 1937 with the highest honours after a brilliant career, only to be called back in 1939 to organise Polish forces in France in 1939. Quite the man, and it fits to see his with the Podhale Brigade before Norway.

The second picture has quite the roster!

Thx Fran for such outstanding photographs.

Some of them were digitized and are in the collections of the Polish Institute and the Sikorski Museum in London.

Monte Cassino Cross

The 1st Independent Commando Company during training, in the photo pchor. (Cadet Officer) Kwieciński and pchor. (Cadet Officer) Król, 1942, Faibourne, Wales, UK

Monte Cassino Cross

1st Independent Commando Company during alpine training, 1942, Faibourne, Wales, UK

Monte Cassino Cross

Easter in the 1st Independent Commando Company, unit commander Captain Władysław Smrokowski (left) and Major Peter Laycock share an egg, in the background Home Guard officers and the mayor of Caernarfon, Spring 1943, Caernarfon, Wales, UK

Regards
    Konrad

?

Hi there.

Not sure if anyone who has access to the list knows if my Grandad was potentially on it? His name was Rudolf Kubala, born 29.3.21. He was in the 2nd Corps 3rd Carpathian Infantry Division around the time of the battle.

Thanks, Adam.

Hello Adam,

Many thanks for your post and may I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, with regards to your Grandfather Rudolf Kubala, Born 29th March 1921 Fathers Name : Michał, born in Górna Olszówka pow. Bielsko.

Unfortunately he was not listed in the Register and the only Kubala's listed in the list of soldiers of the 3DSK were Henryk Born 1923 and Wincenty Born in 1908, there are only 2 Kubala's listed as recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross Jan Born 1915 served in 11BL, and Józef born 1902 served in the 24KT.

I would sincerely recommend that you submit a request to the British Ministry of Defence for all copies of his service record, only then will the matter be solved, they do charge for this service and if you do not request copies of all records you will receive the one or two page letter outlining his service with the 2nd Corps.

The link to the page is below, just click the link :

Get a copy of military service records: Apply for the records of someone who's deceased - GOV.UK

Best wishes and once again welcome to the Forum

Andrzej

?

Thank you Andrzejku for the reply.

I have already received forms from the MOD. Please see attached.

He was forcibly drafted to the wehrmacht, but deserted in the Monte Cassino region when he heard the Poles were close. He was sent to the Polish 2nd Corps on 3rd May apparently.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino Cross   Monte Cassino Cross  

Monte Cassino Cross   Monte Cassino Cross  

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast