Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 411 of 536 FirstFirst ... 311 361 401 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 421 461 511 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,110 of 5356

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Hello Valerie,

I have also looked through the following web sites and found the following information for you :

Find my past :

Listed Józef Kołota has emigrating to the USA in 1951 aged 46

Ancestry

Listed Józef Kołota has emigrating to the USA in 1951, plus his date of Birth : 25th August 1905 and his date of Death : March 1966.

That is all that I have been able to find for you, my bill is in the post.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thanks a lot for your straight-out support Andrzej!

As always, your answers make this world better)
    Saw the message from the grandson of the Józef Kołota
    on a PISM facebook wall, which he posted about one year ago. Decided to help find an answer for his question.
    Said him about this great forum & provide your answer about his ancestor, but unfortunately he offline yet. Think that it will be a big surprise for him.

Also trying to sort out is that my great-grandfather on the military family photo or not (inside truck)?

Monte Cassino cross

better quality photo:
    https://mega.nz/file/Cux00SzZ#CK1xK0...OgjOwTHby0ulv0

Looks like this kind of sunglasses were given to a soldiers who was a driver in the army or may be they bought it by himself to protect eyes from the glare approaching cars.

As I said earlier, from the words of my grandfather, great-grandfather after he was wounded, became a personal driver of the officer.
    He said that it was pułkownik (in the 3 KPAPL was only one pułkownik dowodca 3 KPAPL Leon Przybytko), but I think that he was wrong, because on the 593 Hill photo, which I posted previously, when Andrzej, posted a cartoon to the 3 KPAPL officers, seems that he stand most of all near zastepca III dywizjon kpt. Feliks Szymonski & also I remember that they was a near age to each other.
    My great-grandfather born 1907 kpt. Feliks Szymonski born 1906.

Monte Cassino cross
    better quality photo:
    https://mega.nz/file/i24WySBA#JyLfuk...tGfglpc5Z62dX4

Also I remember story, when some day they went together to a some monastery and a local priest treated them a monastery wine and they drunk all together so much that couldn't stand from the table. I think that the pułkownik dowodca 3 KPAPL
    unlikely drink like that with an ordinary soldiers.

May be is it possible for someone post a little bit photos with soldiers who was a driver in a II Corps or wore a sunglasses?

On the first photo soldier wear a beret and looks like he in a rank of "kapral" like my great-grandfather for that moment. The small white point from the left side of eagle similar to Jerusalem Cross.

Monte Cassino cross

And one more question for me, why he wear a strange coat, which looks like a
    leather jacket & do not include any rank or dywizjon patches on his left shoulder?
    Do you have any idea about that?

Post some more photos of my great-grandfather Gajewski Walerian:

Monte Cassino cross

better quality photo:
    https://mega.nz/file/OmwQjISK#MkOdor...Bshbar0h_WsPkg

Monte Cassino cross

better quality photo:
    https://mega.nz/file/OqoyHIxB#qtVact...7fWZk2ZKoKONsc

Regards, Valerii
    Last edited by ValeriiGajewski; 11-29-2020 at 11:49 PM.

Hello Valerii,

Many thanks for your reply and post, I am always happy to help when I can, both the photographs I would say where taken after the german surrender in Europe after 8th May 1945, because in the truck they have no webbing equipment or side arms.

I know from my wife's family photographs it is a real pain when no one deemed it necessary to put a name on the back of a photograph so to give a Name to a Face.

Your Great Grandfather in the Italian heat would have probably been allowed to remove his Battledress Tunic and just be in shirt sleeve order.

Hopefully some other Forum member will also add their thoughts on the Photographs.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

Another Face of a Recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross :

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

1943 Driving Licence for St.Sierz. Józef Kośmicki, Born 1st March 1902, Army Number : 1902-21-III, Unit : 2BSK, Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 7229, he ended the war as a Chorąży.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

Face of a Carpathian Recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross:

Monte Cassino cross

Kpr. pchor. (strzelec while awarding) Stefan Szajdak, Army Number: 1910-79-III, Unit: 2 BSK, 3 DSK, MCC Nr: 12537

Pre war photo from the 1930s

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino Cross Legitymacja Numbered 12537

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 12537

He was a Polish poet, co-founder of the "Wołyń" poetry group in the 1930s.

Stefan Szajdak was born on 14th December 1910 in Turze. In 1932 he graduated from the State Teachers' Seminary in Ostrzeszów. In the same year he started working as an elementary school teacher. In 1938 he began studies at the Faculty of Humanities of the Catholic University of Lublin. After the soviets entered Poland he was arrested and then deported to a labor camp in Siberia.

Monte Cassino cross

Kpr. pchor. Stefan Szajdak participated in the entire Italian Campaign, from Taranto through Monte Cassino and Ancona to the conquest of Bologna.

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Stefan Szajdak post war photos from the 1980s

Before 1939 Stefan Szajdak published poems in numerous literary magazines. In 1947 he returned to Poland and settled in Środa Wielkopolska where he worked as a teacher and then director of the pedagogical library. In 1967, at the age of 57, he graduated from the Faculty of Philosophy and History at the University of Adam Mickiewicz in Poznań. After the war the poet published his poems in numerous magazines and newspapers. Moreover during this period he published several volumes of poetry. Stefan Szajdak's works were broadcast on the radio of Poznań and Warsaw. He was also a laureate of poetry competitions in Gdańsk (1984), Poznań (1986) and Zduńska Wola (1986).

Stefan Szajdak died on 6th March 2004 at the age of 93 in Środa Wielkopolska and is buried in a cemetery in Środa Wielkopolska surrounded by old trees - bird nesting places, singing him music that he was a great fan of.

Regards
    Konrad

. how to delete this reply?

Quote by ValeriiGajewski View Post
    As I promise earlier, post links for copies of 2 books from Warsaw Biblioteka Narodowa.

1. Przy Kierownicy w Jraku 1943 (3 D.S.K)
    https://mega.nz/file/mihyXKrB#aSxpGM...1JcMWSv9lJobs0
    2. 3 Karpacki Pułk Artylerii Przeciwlotniczej Lekkiej, 1942-1947 ZSSR, Persja, Irak, Palestyna, Syria, Liban, Libia, Egipt, Włochy Anglia Mieczysław Kuczyński (1995)
    https://mega.nz/folder/GnoS3SJK#HwCz7HaKED9KhQuTbRwQzQ

The second include full list of 3 K.P.A.PL(PAPlot) soldiers, list of some awards, history of pulk, & etc.

Regards, Valerii
    Hi, thank you for sharing! I downloaded the first book in one PDF file. But the 2nd link you provided does not allow me to download all the files in one PDF - instead, I am required to save each file/image individually. But there are almost 30 images, and then even once I save them, they are all separate files. Is there a way to download the entire 2nd book in one PDF file? I hope I am explaining myself

Hello Everyone,

Another Monte Cassino Cross for sale on Allegro.pl :

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

When awarded the Recipients details were as follows :

Surname : Andruszkiewicz

Christian Name : Jan

Date of Birth : 1908

Army Number : 1908-15-III

Unit : 1KPAL

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello there Odcecki!

Post for you download link for a .zip file (jpeg image version)

https://mega.nz/file/u2ZnkQZS#Q6UES5...K0dNmicS7u3Pm0

Also attache that book in a .pdf file

https://mega.nz/file/DqhVTYYL#y-dimz...LLEgqyUBqUHNbc

I advise you to download and install ABBYY Fine reader OCR editor program, which allow you translate .jpeg or .pdf file in any language you want.

Regards, Valerii
    Last edited by ValeriiGajewski; 12-07-2020 at 02:14 PM.

Hello Everyone,

Face of a Recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross:

Monte Cassino cross

Ppor. Franciszek Stasiak, Army Number: 1918-12-III, Unit: 2 KPAL, 3 DSK, MCC Nr: 771, also awarded the Virtuti Militari Silver Cross Numbered 10018 (VM kl. 5) and the Cross of Valour (KW), KIA on 29th April 1944

Monte Cassino cross

Legitymacja of the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 771

Ppor. Franciszek Stasiak was born on 25th May 1918 in Kałuszyn. He graduated from the Artillery Reserve Cadet School in the Middle East in 1942. During the Battle of Monte Cassino he was a Reconnaissance Officer of the 4th Battery. He died in the field of glory at the observation point "Tea" under Hill 593 due to crushing his thigh by an enemy bullet. He was buried at the Polish War Cemetery in Monte Cassino.

Monte Cassino cross

Ppor. Franciszek Stasiak grave nr 1-C-8 at the Polish War Cemetery in Monte Cassino

Ppor. Franciszek Stasiak had a younger brother Ryszard, born on 11th November 1920 in Kałuszyn.

Monte Cassino cross

Kanonier Ryszard Stasiak, Unit: Artillery Regiment of the Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade (SBSK), posthumously awarded the Cross of Valour (KW)

Monte Cassino cross

Kanonier Ryszard Stasiak Legitymacja of the Cross of Valour

As a soldier of the Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade (SBSK) he took part in the defense of Tobruk. He died on 24th March 1942 in the age of 22 in Alexandria as a result of a car accident due to a fractured skull.

Monte Cassino cross

II - Franciszek, I - Ryszard, 15 February 1941

Monte Cassino cross

Athrun (Latrun), Libya, August 1940

Monte Cassino cross

Alexandria, Egypt, 3rd November 1940

Regards
    Konrad