Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 425 of 537 FirstFirst ... 325 375 415 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 435 475 525 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 5361

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Hello there Mark & Everyone!

I have found a little bit documents, about your Father in Law
    in the General Anders collections from the Hoover Institute:

Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross

Regards, Valerii

Hello there Andrzej!

Is it possible from your side to provide
    some informatione about MCC# of:

Koronowski Adam
    Born: 1924

Monte Cassino cross

Coudn't find anything about this soldier.
    From the words of his grandson he lived in England.

Regards, Valerii

Hello Valerii,

Many thanks for your post, I have searched through the Register of Recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross without finding him listed, it might be that he joined the 2nd Artillery Group after the Battle for Monte Cassino in May 1944.

I have looked for him listed in the Kresy-Siberia Wall of Names, unfortunately he is not listed, neither is he listed in the Victims of soviet repression.

The only information that I found on him was post war, after he had been released from the Polish Resettlement Corps and that is has follows :

In 1949 in Windsor, Berkshire he married Ginditta M Salamon.

Then in 1974 he applied for and was granted British Citizenship :

Monte Cassino cross

Adam Antoni Koronowski, when granted British Citizenship was living at 6 Washington Drive, Chippenham, Slough, Berkshire and was granted Citizenship on the 21st August 1974, this also appeared in the London Gazette issue number : 46425, Page 12412.

Adam Antoni Koronowski death was registered in Slough, Buckinghamshire in the same year 1974.

Valerii that is all that I was able to find, I have even looked at the National Archives, Polish Army Records with the only success being from the National Archives.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Quote by conrado View Post
    Thank you very much Mark for the pictures.

The picture of the "Markiza" crew is awesome! From the left are: Kobierzycki, Tymieniecki, Jodis, Stapiński, and who is sitting on the tank?

And do you know when and where the photo was taken?

Regards
    Konrad
    Monte Cassino cross

This photo is in Bohdan Tymieniecki's book "Na imię jej było Lily". Crew from the left: Kobierzycki, Tymieniecki, Jodis, Rusinek is sitting on the tank.

Regards
    Konrad

Hello everyone
    I’m trying to collect some information about my great grandfather engineer, sergeant Bronisław Bochenek 1900/177/III, MC cross 25244. He was in 6th Lwowska Infantry Brigade, part of 5th Kresowa Infantry Division later.

I was able to get some documents about his military service, before the pandemic started, from British Ministry of Defence – not many but at least a bit, to create some base for my research. Later also got some help from some members of one Polish historical forum.
    Unfortunately now, I’m not able to get anything from Polish Institute and Sikorski Museum due to lockdown.
    I was wondering in any of you is able to help me to add anything about my great grandfather, or give me some advice where could I look for it (apart, of course, of Sikorski Instytute).

Unfortunately I have not many souvenirs left. All documents, medals etc. were taken by some other family members I have no contact with. The pictures attached are from his son, my grandfather.
    I’m trying to collect much information as possible also for him, so he could know the story of his father a bit more. Bronisław didn’t want to talk about his military service to protect his family and himself from oppression and prosecution from the communist government after WW2.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Jarek

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Default More Pics

Konrad

Thank you so much for the effort you have put into my enquiries, I am humbled by your kindness. I cannot say where the photograph was taken but looking at another in the book I think it is Kowalski sitting on the tank.

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

I really wish I could read the book.

Kind Regards

Mark

Hello Jarek,

Many thanks for your post with reference to your Great Grandfather Bronisław Bochenek, Born 1900, Fathers Name : Wojciech, Army Number : 1900-177-III, Unit : DS5KP (Divisional Engineers 5th Kresowa Infantry Division).

I have been able to find the following for you from the website index of victims of soviet repression :

Monte Cassino cross

The above shows that from Records held by the Central Army Archives at Rembertów, so it might be worth writing to them to ask if they have any Records.

Jarek when you contacted the British Ministry of Defence, did you ask for copies of all records that they hold, otherwise you would have received just a brief outline of your Great Grand Fathers service in the Polish Army 1939-1945.

If you did receive a copy of his Zeszyt Ewidencyjny did you receive all the pages ?

The Polish Institute and General Sikorski Museum would only be able to conduct 2 hour search of the Archives for you at a cost of £25 paid in advance with no guarantee of finding anything, because the 2nd Corps Service Records are held by the British M-o-D because the 2nd Corps was under the Command of the Eighth Army in Italy.

I see from the photograph of your Great Grandfather that he is wearing the Ribbons for the Bronze Cross of Merit with Swords (BKZzM), followed by the ribbon of the Monte Cassino Cross, but not the Army Medal ? followed by the British 1939-1945 Star and the Italy Star.

You would be able to get confirmation of those awards Bronze Cross of Merit with Swords and the Army Medal from the PISM in London

I seem to have come to the end of suggesting where you can try to obtain information from Jarek.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hi Andrzej

Thank you very much for replying.

As you suggested I will try to contact the Central Army Archives at Rembertów, hopefully I’ll get some more information.
    From the British Ministry of Defence I received only two-page document - shortened Record Card and also an embarking order.
    Some very kind people helped me as well to “decode” the shortened Record Card as the hand writing, numbers and shortcuts were very difficult to me to understand.

I sent already an confirmation to The Polish Institute and General Sikorski Museum, to cover all necessary expenses, more than a year ago. Due to the pandemic and the lockdown everything got stuck, so I’m trying to ask whenever is possible to get anything else.

About the medals – I know that my great grandfather had granted: the Bronze Cross of Merit with Swords, the Army Medal for War 1939-45, the Monte Cassino Commemorative Cross 25244, the Italy Star, the Defence Medal, the War Medal 1939-1945.
    They were some suggestion that he supposed to have also the Commemorative Medal for the War of 1918-1921, but I have no proof for it unfortunately.

Question. There are some replicas of Monte Cassino Commemorative Cross available online. Some of them with the numbers. Is there any chance I could order somewhere a replica of this Cross with my great grandfather’s number for myself? Like I mentioned before. Most of the souvenirs were taken by the other family members and officially nobody knows where they are.
    Please let me know if you know the place or the person I could ask for such a service.

Thank you once again for all suggestions!

Best regards to all forum members!
    Jarek

Hello Jarek,

Many thanks for your post, the best thing to do would be to contact a private jeweller to see if they can engrave the number on the back of the cross for you, a Forum member Valerii was able to have a cross engraved with her Grandfathers Monte Cassino Cross Number, she had that done by a Jeweller.

The other Polish Awards and the British Awards are easily available on the internet, on such sites as Ebay & Allegro.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello there Jaroslaw!

Please watch my post #4178

Regards, Valerii