Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Need your help for identify soldier on photo (inside truck)

Article about: Hello there Everyone! Trying to sort out is that my great-grandfather on the military family photo or not (inside truck)? better quality photo: https://mega.nz/file/Cux00SzZ#CK1xK0...OgjOwTH

Hello there Everyone!

Want to share with you by the colorization variant of that photo
    (made by"Malczewski Colorization"):

Regards, Valerii

Hello Valerii,

This photo is incorrectly colored. Your great grandfather served in the 3rd Carpathian Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment, in the Workshop Platoon of this Regiment.

This are the correct recognition signs of your great grandfather's Regiment:

Regards
    Konrad

Hello there Konrad!

Many thanks for your post and feedback from your side.
    Think that it colorized correct and thats why I think so.
    To find a truth for this purpose I bought the book of Andrzej Kaminski - Oznakowania Pojazdow PSZ
    Looks like duaring all military way of the 2nd Polish Corp vehicle signs changed three times.

1) first came according to the Roz.D-wa A.P. na W. L.300/Tj/Mot/43 z dnia 17.II.1943
    Couldn't find the copy of that order inside the book. Looks like signs on that moment in 3DSK were like that:
    Need your help for identify soldier on photo (inside truck)Need your help for identify soldier on photo (inside truck)

2) Second order published by Roz. D-wa A.P. na W. L.dz.705/Tj/S.S. (SD)/Korp./43 z dnia 18.09.1943:
    Need your help for identify soldier on photo (inside truck)Need your help for identify soldier on photo (inside truck)Need your help for identify soldier on photo (inside truck)Need your help for identify soldier on photo (inside truck)

3)third and the last one published by D-wo 2 Korp. L.dz.2313/Tj/SD/45 z dnia 27.09.1945:
    Need your help for identify soldier on photo (inside truck)Need your help for identify soldier on photo (inside truck)Need your help for identify soldier on photo (inside truck)Need your help for identify soldier on photo (inside truck)
    Need your help for identify soldier on photo (inside truck)Need your help for identify soldier on photo (inside truck)

Regards, Valerii
    Last edited by andrzejku98; 09-21-2021 at 07:21 AM.

Also I have go through the diffrent photos from this area:
    Think that most of all my great grandfather's photo was made somethere on September 1945, after the official open ceremony of the main War cemetry at Monte Cassino (01.09.1945) by the back way to Ascoli Piceno(where the 3KPAPL stayed before depurture to UK):

If you check my photo and two photos above you can see that the 1st window on the bottom row of the Big bulding changed from 01.09.1945 (some of the boards were dismantled) and we can also see that some windows appeared on the left side of the long building. Also shingles were started on the top of the roof.

When we started colorize my family photo from the original scan, the default algoritm check tone diffrent on the vehicle sign from the right side, which approve fact that most of all it changed somethere in August 1945:

Regards, Valerii
    Last edited by ValeriiGajewski; 09-21-2021 at 08:21 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4